Camps and Outdoor Education Centres hire thousands of international staff each year to work with children and youth in a variety of roles!
Why do so many people travel to Ontario to work at a camp or outdoor education centre each year?
- Ontario is a beautiful province, filled with breathtaking natural features and bountiful wildlife
- The camp environment is a fun, exciting environment – for campers AND staff
- The opportunity to travel in Canada
What you’ll gain
- Work experience: You’ll help teach campers how to interact respectfully, care for one another compassionately, solve problems and accomplish goals as a team
- New perspective: Experience a new country and become a member of a new extended camp family is a life-changing experience
- Develop skills for testing your own limits, making challenging decisions and communicating to small and large groups of people
- Develop a stronger sense of self-confidence and self-esteem
If you work in Canada you must be legally permitted to do so. For more information regarding acquiring a Canadian work permit, you can consult the following government of Canada web-site: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit.html
There are many organizations affiliated with the OCA that help international staff find successful placements at Canadian camps. If you aren’t working with one already, click the button below!