The Ontario Camps Association (OCA) is a voluntary, non-profit organization that leads the way for camps and outdoor education centres to operate safely and professionally. We aren’t a licensing body. Our camps and outdoor education centres are leaders who are committing to holding themselves to the highest standard.
OCA requires Accredited Members to follow and maintain standards for operational excellence. More than 600 OCA Standards keep members accountable and operating at a level of excellence. For parents and guardians, it means peace of mind that the facilities they send their children to are safe, accessible, and professionally operated. We also offer our members on-going educational workshops, conferences, and other professional development opportunities.
We’re a community of passionate people from all walks of life with one thing in common: our love for camp and outdoor education. Working together as a community, we make Ontario the very best place for people to go to camp.
Contact our Executive Director, Joy Levy with any media requests.
May 6, 2021, “OCA Organizes Provincial Letter Campaign Saturday, May 8; Campers, Staff and Friends of Camp Share Their Hopes For Camp This Summer”
April 12, 2021, “Ontario Camps Association to Hold Virtual Campfire to Light the Path Back to Camp”
- “Toronto Star, “From online summer camp to virtual therapy sessions, a Toronto children’s mental health agency will keep some changes forced by COVID-19” (May 2021)
- Toronto Star, “Ontario’s summer camps lost millions last year — if they can’t open this summer, some say they will close for good” (May 2021
- CBC, “With camps, summer programs awaiting the go-ahead, what are kids in for this summer?” (April 2021)
- CTV News, “Summer camps across Canada prepare to reopen with COVID-19 modifications” (April 2021)
- The Highlander, “Summer camps uncertain about season” (April 2021)
- Catholic Register, “Camps facing another uncertain summer with lockdowns” (April 2021)
- Canadian Jewish News, “Jewish Summer Camps: Ready to Go, Waiting for Directions” (April 2021)
- Toronto Star, “Summer camps uncertain about season” (April 2021)
- The Agenda with Steve Paikin, “Can kids go to summer camp in 2021” (April 2021)
- Camp Pages, “How Camps are Preparing for the Summer” (April 2021)
- CANCULTURE, “Home workouts: more than just a pandemic fad?” (April 2021)
- The Morning Show with Devon Peacock, The Ontario Camps Association ‘optimistic’ about the return of camp in 2021 (March 2021)
- Toronto Sun, ‘ENORMOUS NEED’: Summer camps ramp up registration for eager parents in need of childcare (March 2021)
- Globe and Mail, Will overnight camps run this summer? (March 2021)
- CBC – Ontario overnight camps prepare in hopes of reopening this summer (March 2021)
- Global News Radio – Overnight camps need free COVID testing to open (March 2021)
- Global News – Organizers ask for free testing for kids and staff to keep Ontario summer camps open (March 2021)
- CP24 – Organizers ask for free testing for kids and staff to keep Ontario summer camps open (March 2021)
- CTV News – Registration opens for Waterloo Region summer camps this month (March 2021)
- London Free Press – Summer camps to Queen’s Park: We’re ready when you are (March 2021)
- CP24 – Will overnight camps be allowed to open? (March 2021)
- CBC Ontario Morning – Tuesday, March 9, 2021
- AM 800, Morning Drive – Summer Camps (March 2021)
- CBC Radio, Fresh Air – Ontario overnight summer camps hope to break COVID cabin fever (March 2021)
- National Post – Chris Selley: With vaccines on the way, pandemic-weary Canadians need a roadmap to freedom (March 2021)
- CBC – Summer camps welcome surge in reservations with industry optimistic about the season (March 2021)
- OMNY FM Jeff McArthur – Fallout from LTC commission, quarantine hotels, summer camps? Omny.fm (March 2021 starting at 22:47 )
- CTV News – Ontario Camps Hope for Green Light to Reopen This Summer (March 2021)
- Toronto Star – Will Ontario’s summer camps be allowed to open? Here’s how they’re trying to make it happen (February 2021)
- North Toronto Post – Will there be camp this summer? (February 2021)
- Toronto Star – Can Social Distancing Save Summer Camp: Operator Face a Tall Order if They Get the Go-Ahead
- CBC, Interview by Gill Deacon – Howie Grossinger of the Ontario Camps Association on Summer Camps Across Ontario
- Toronto Star, MuskokaRegion.com, Norm Miller Muskoka MPP Advocates for Camps – Summer Camp is Part of our Culture
- Toronto Sun – Summer Camps on Hold Until Ford Gives Green Light
- CHCH – Summer Camps Across the Province in Doubt Because of COVID-19
- Camps mentioned in Parliamentary Session – Facebook
- London Free Press – Summer Camps Waiting, Wondering if They Can Operate – and How
- Global News Radio – Will Parents Be Able To Send Their Kids To Camp This Season?
- TVO – Should Kids Go To Camp This Summer?
- CTV News – Can My Kids Go To Overnight Camp? Depends Where It Is.
- CBC News – Overnight Summer Camps Cancelled in Ontario
- Toronto Life – It Will Cost Us About a Million Dollars Not To Operate This Year – Camp Arowhon Director Joanne Kates on the Devastating Decision To Close Summer Camps
- CityNews – Summer Camp Closures Crushing but Necessary, Industry Insiders Say
- CBC – Children’s Camps Cancelled or Restricted by COVID-19 Could Mean a Bleak Summer For Kids, Parents
- TVO – What Will Low Income Families Do Without Summer Camp?
- OrilliaMatters – Camp Couchiching thinking inside the box to support isolated kids
- Global News Radio – Ontario allow day camps to reopen with restrictions – what will the camp experience look like?
- The Hamilton Spectator – CYO has been cut to its core by COVID-19
- CTV News – New Normal: What summer camp looks like without campers
- Catholic Register – Hamilton CYO’s future hangs in balance
- CTV News – Pearce Williams Camp launches fundraiser to stay afloat