Fall Outdoor Centre Facilitator
RKY Camp is a year-round outdoor centre and summer camp located 60km north of Kingston, Ontario on Eagle Lake. While focusing on outdoor recreation daytrips and overnights for school groups, RKY also facilitates a variety of weekend retreats, weddings, and hosted groups (varies each year). Core activities include, but are not limited to: canoeing, kayaking, archery, high ropes, low ropes, and team building activities.
RKY Camp is currently seeking the services of dynamic, creative, hardworking, energetic and experienced camp facilitators, to contribute to the success and development of our fall outdoor centre operations.
Fall Outdoor Centre Facilitators will deliver RKY Camp’s Outdoor Centre Programming.
Outdoor Centre Facilitators will:
• Facilitate all aspects of the RKY Camp Outdoor Centre program as directed by the Camp Director and Outdoor Centre Director.
• Assist in the daily cleaning and general maintenance of RKY Camp.
• Assist in the winterizing of RKY Camp.
• Exude a timely, professional and quality appearance to all RKY Camp clients.
• Assist in program development of the RKY Camp Outdoor Centre.
Committed to Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of RKY Camp
Child and Youth Focused: Creates a caring, loving and supportive environment. Ensures program design and physical lay-out meets the needs of children and youth.
Problem Solving: Identifies an issue and works towards solutions.
Initiative and Teamwork: The ability to be proactive within the organizational priorities and strategies. Participates proactively in the development of team goals, plans and outcomes.
Leadership: Guides, motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes. Is a personal role model.
Compensation: $136 per day (room and board included)
Contract Term: September 6, 2022 – late October 2022 (possibility of extension)
• Previous outdoor education/summer camp experience (Required)
• Current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR Level C (Required)
• National Lifeguard Service Certification (Preferred)
• A clear Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Additional qualifications (assets):
o Wilderness First Aid – First Responder
o Challenge Course Facilitation Certification
o ORCKA Canoeing/Kayaking Certifications
Please send cover letter and résumé to:
Outdoor Centre Director, RKY Camp