Wilderness Coordinator, Full Time-$150.05 per day
Camp Stephens, Lake of the Woods, Kenora, Ontario (Live on Site)
May 15-September 1, 2023 (subject to change)
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. As the Wilderness Coordinator, you will provide leadership on the planning and implementation of the trail program.
Are you the right fit?
· Provide leadership and role modeling to all employees and volunteers
· Manage and assign wilderness trip routes and logistics
· Ensure camping industry and Y safety standards and policies are implemented and practiced
· Assist in the hiring, training, supervising and evaluation of all wilderness staff
· Manage wilderness program budget
· Manage equipment and food supply inventory
· Ensure tripping equipment remains in excellent working condition
What else do you need?
· Minimum Class 5F License or equivalent
· 40 hour Wilderness First Aid & CPR Level C
· Bronze Cross
· Prior experience leading trips
· Fully immunized against COVID-19 or valid exemption
· National Lifeguard (NL)
· Paddle Canada Certification
· Paddle Canada Instructor (Canoe Tripping or Moving Water)
Submit your cover letter and resume by December 16, 2022 to: email@example.com
· Food Handler’s Certificate