YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens
Wilderness Coordinator, Full Time
Camp Stephens, Lake of the Woods, Kenora, Ontario (Live on Site)
May 31-September 5, 2021
Please note that the date for resuming Camp Stephens operations remains unknown at this time.
Public health restrictions and/or operational requirements may prevent our re-opening in 2021.
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. As the Wilderness Coordinator, you will provide leadership on the planning and implementation of the trail program.
Are you the right fit?
- Provide leadership and role modeling to all employees and volunteers
- Manage and assign wilderness trip routes and logistics
- Ensure camping industry and Y safety standards and policies are implemented and practised
- Assist in the hiring, training, supervising and evaluation of all wilderness staff
- Manage wilderness program budget
- Manage equipment and food supply inventory
- Ensure tripping equipment remains in excellent working condition
What else do you need?
- Minimum Class 5F License or equivalent
- 40 hour Wilderness First Aid & CPR Level C
- Bronze Cross
- Prior experience leading trips
- National Lifeguard (NL)
- Paddle Canada Certification
- Paddle Canada Instructor (Canoe Tripping or Moving Water)
- Food Handler’s Certificate
Submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
position open until filled
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks. We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.