Tim Hortons Foundation Camps
Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good—helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
We’re looking for a…
Wellness Coordinator (Camp Nurse)
This role will be based onsite at all Tim Hortons Foundation Camps locations
June 17 2022 – September 1 2022
What would you be doing?
- perform health screening for arriving and departing campers
- provide First Aid and emergency care for campers and staff as indicated
- provide in-field leadership in the event of staff, camper or risk management support, or evacuation
- administer routine medications based on THFC Wellness Standards
- assess campers and staff and treat as per physician approved nursing protocols
- securely maintain camper and staff health files
- work in collaboration with other healthcare providers including an onsite camper support specialist
- establish relationships with youth that reflect respect, trust and empathy
- model healthy choices and emotional maturity
- be challenged physically and mentally as you live in an overnight camp setting for 9 day sessions, with 2 days of break in between
- provide mentorship and guidance for nursing students
- have the opportunity to experience personal growth alongside the campers you are supporting
Does this sound like you?
- a Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
- experienced at working with youth aged 12 – 16
- certified in Standard First Aid or Wilderness First Aid (WFA), or willing to obtain
- able to provide an acceptable criminal background check
To apply: https://grnh.se/33689e862
To learn more about the impact of the experience you will take part in, watch this short video
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Tims Camps is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series. In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the applicable Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.