Wellness Assistant, CNIB Lake Joe
CNIB Lake Joe
Summer (July 5 to August 27) and possibility of extension into fall (September 24)
CNIB Lake Joseph Centre (MacTier, ON)
CNIB Lake Joe is a fully accessible lakefront facility located in Muskoka providing a unique blend of recreation, skills training, social interaction and personal discovery in a safe, inclusive environment. Two hours north of Toronto, Lake Joe stretches over 12.5 acres of waterfront property on the northwest corner of beautiful Lake Joseph. Staff and volunteers provide a wide range of high-quality programs to people of all ages who are living with sight loss.
The Wellness Assistant will provide coordinated support to guests and staff around general safety and wellness, with a specific focus on special diets, sun safety and COVID-19 protocols. This position will provide support in the administration of the healthcare strategy of the camp. When the schedule allows, there may also be opportunity to assist with program facilitation.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
The position entails, but is not limited to the following general responsibilities:
- Provide complete first-aid services to all guests, volunteers and staff
- Contact EMS for transportation to local area hospital, if required
- Maintain and keep record of all first-aid kits on site, in vehicles and with staff
- Inform Guest Services Lead when supplies need re-ordering or replenishing
- Ensure all dietary needs for guests are provided to the kitchen staff
- Ensure appropriate dietary meals are being delivered to appropriate persons
- Plan and facilitate wellness programs for guests and staff
- Ensure that there are water stations for guests and staff
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience):
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C, CPR-HCP preferred
- Pursuing post-secondary education in Nursing or related field
- Current and clear Drivers Abstract and G license
- Self-directed & motivated, with excellent interpersonal skills, patience and empathy
- Experience working with people with vision loss, deaf-blind and/or special needs
- Current (within 6 months of start date) Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as well as standard camp hours in a dynamic busy, environment
- Must reside at CNIB Lake Joe during operational season and be willing to share accommodations with other staff member if required
How to Apply:
Apply online at: https://apply.workable.com/cnibfoundation/j/7863477795/
Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications:
July 2, 2021
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please state in your cover letter what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.