Weekend Camp Staff
Camp Kirk empowers neurodiverse kids and youth to reach their potential through recreational programs. Within a small and nurturing community, our programs emphasize strengths so that participants can develop confidence, connection and community.
NOTE: Camp Kirk supports neurodiverse kids and youth, ages 6-17. The majority of our campers have learning disabilities, autism, and/or ADHD.
CK Community Weekends provide neurodiverse kids and youth an opportunity to touch base with a supportive community throughout the school year. Through 3 touch-points in the year (once in the fall, winter, spring), groups meet for weekends of outdoor adventure programming to develop their skills, confidence and relationships.
For the 2021-2022 school year, CK Community weekends will be hosted at YMCA Cedar Glen in Schomberg, Ontario (45 minutes north of Toronto).
Camp Kirk staff are hired to create a fun, nurturing, and empowering environment for our campers. Specific duties include:
- Within a counselling team, staff members will be responsible for the care and supervision of a ‘pod’ of 4-6 campers.
- Camp Kirk Staff will be focused primarily on camper care + support, while facility staff from Cedar Glen will lead core programs. However, Camp Kirk staff will facilitate community-building programming at free time, rest hour, and at the start and end of each day.
Before the start of the first Community Weekend, all staff will take part in training sessions (part virtual training, part in-person training). Training will include education on: neurodiversities, positive behaviour support, therapeutic crisis intervention, COVID protocols, and general site policies and procedures.
COMPENSATION + CONTRACT DETAILS
Staff reside on-site for the specific program dates. Each staff member will have a private room with their own washroom. The compensation for staff per weekend is $285.
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT
- Online Training: To be completed prior to arrival onsite.
- April 29- May 1, 2022
- May 13-15, 2022
NOTE: For each weekend, staff arrive Friday at 6:00pm and leave Sunday at 6:00pm
- 19 years of age
- Full COVID vaccination is mandatory for all staff members
- Previous experience working with kids and/or youth is required
- Previous experience working in a camp environment is an asset
- Previous experience working with individuals with exceptionalities is an asset
APPLICATION + INTERVIEWS
To apply, head to the Camp Kirk website to fill out an online application.