Website And Email Marketing Assistant
Website And Email Marketing Assistant
Outward Bound Canada is committed to inclusion and strives to have broad representation that reflects the diversity of Canada. We encourage applications from candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Colour or People of the Global Majority, members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, and all other equity-deserving groups.
WHO WE ARE
Outward Bound Canada (OBC) is a charity that equips youth for the future through adventures in nature. These experiences develop resilience, social and emotional intelligence, and environmental leadership to prepare youth with skills to contribute to a better, more compassionate, and resilient society. Read about the impact of our work and our statement on Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
The Training Academy for Outdoor Professionals is an OBC initiative to address challenges for workers and employers in the outdoor industry related to high unemployment by providing training for aspiring outdoor instructors. Equally importantly, it will address barriers to access for marginalized populations to ensure Canada’s next generation of outdoor sector employees reflect Canada’s diversity.
The Email and Website Marketing Assistant oversees Outward Bound Canada’s email marketing program, including designing and sending email blasts, e-newsletters, and automated emails. This role will manage audience segments and ensure that email campaigns work coherently with other marketing channels to meet marketing campaign and organizational goals. In addition, they will manage and update the OBC website and Training Academy subsite as needed, and take on minor web improvement projects. The successful candidate will be a driven individual, passionate about outdoor education, and committed to connecting young people with our transformational programs.
WHAT WE OFFER
Location: Remote (preferably close to one of our operating areas: Vancouver Island, Vancouver, Canmore, Toronto, Bracebridge)
Starting Salary: $40,000 to $44,000
Term: Full Time Salaried Contract (37.5 hours per week), one year contract with possibility of extension
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package and Employee Assistance Plan
Supervisor: Head of Marketing and Communications
Application Deadline: May 10, 2022
Anticipated Start Date: May 2022
OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT
- Receive, build, test, and flawlessly execute email marketing requests from the marketing, fundraising, outreach (including Training Academy), and human resources, teams.
- Build and maintain automated emails and templates ensuring the content is up-to-date and the emails target the right audience at the most optimal time and support with content creation
- Utilize proper templates, ensure emails are mobile responsive, links are working, and content follows OBC’s brand guidelines and e-marketing best practices, including adherence to CASL and other relevant legislation
- Manage e-mail marketing audiences within MailChimp and OBC’s CRM, reflecting opt-outs and various preferences.
- Monitor and optimize email marketing KPIs such as open and click-through rates, and share insights with the broader marketing team.
- Maintain line of sight into the organizational content calendar to anticipate deliverables and raise any issues around volume or crowding of requests for each target audience.
- Manage the project workflow and ensure that internal stakeholders understand and respect the production processes and timeline requirements.
- Work with others on the marketing team to set up tracking IDs and UTM parameters to track campaign conversions.
- Contribute to campaign reporting to business units, specifically around email marketing using platform reports.
- Plan, execute and measure A/B testing to provide recommendations to the marketing team.
- Regularly update and publish content on the OBC website based on marketing, fundraising, sales and outreach, and human resources requests.
- Use pre-existing templates, and publish new web pages as needed.
- Design, revise, test, and bring live landing pages for specific campaigns.
- Plan, execute and measure A/B testing to improve SEM and user experience to provide recommendations to the marketing team.
- Use Google Analytics to optimize web flow and user experience
WHAT YOU BRING
OBC recognizes relevant skills and knowledge can be gained through volunteer and life experiences as well as professional and educational backgrounds. Please outline in a brief cover letter how you have gained the following experiences, and how you would apply them to this role:
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Clear Vulnerable Sector check
- Well-rounded understanding of email best practices and email marketing trends
- Strong creative development skills; ability to craft compelling subject lines to reach target audiences, draft copy based on key messages, and select images for emails
- Proven ability to detect and troubleshoot technical issues related to email development and deployment
- Experience building, testing, and updating emails using HTML templates that are mobile responsive and compatible with all major browsers
- HTML knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (e.g. Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- Experience managing websites
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to work independently to effectively manage time
- Strong understanding of topics related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Utilizes inclusive language in marketing materials
- Adaptable, can prioritize while working on numerous projects
- High level of cross-cultural competence, in recognition, that Outward Bound Canada works with students and partners from a diversity of communities and backgrounds
- Passionate about the Outward Bound Canada mission, an interest in outdoor pursuits, and a desire to help get young people outdoors for transformative experiences
- Knowledge of MailChimp and WordPress
- Knowledge of SEO and experience with Google Analytics
- Experience working with Netsuite’s Customer Relationship Management to track marketing Return On Investment functionality
- Previous experience on an OBC program
Apply for this position by submitting your cover letter and resume as one PDF using this form.
Explore other current job openings at Outward Bound Canada.