URJ Camp George
URJ Camp George is Canada’s only Reform Jewish Summer Camp, blending the best of Ontario residential camping with a progressive Jewish informal educational experience for children and youth. We are an inclusive community and welcome staff with diverse backgrounds and skills. Camp George is located just outside of Parry Sound, Ontario in the beautiful Seguin Township. Our staff work as a team to provide an exceptional level of care and support to our campers all while experiencing an amazing staff community that is respectful, caring, and fun!
- Work as part of a team to safety operate the waterski program for campers ages 8-15 including waterskiing and wakeboarding
- Ensure all protocols and procedures are adhered to
- Operate inboard boat
- Support, care for, and encourage campers
- When not at ski, work as part of a cabin staff ensuring the care for a cabin group of campers
- Prioritize the health and safety of the community at all times
- Hold or able to acquire NLS certification
- Hold or able to acquire waterski instructors training
- Experience with waterski and wakeboarding including instructional experience
- Boat driving experience
- Experience working with children
- Strong facilitation, organization, and leadership skills
- Interest in working in a fast paced, team oriented, fun summer community!
- Experience with the Jewish community an asset but not a requirement
This position requires living on-site for the duration of the camp contract. Due to COVID-19 protocols it is anticipated that time off will be spent within the campgrounds. Compensation is dependent on age and experience. Room and Board is included. All staff are required to have a valid Emergency First Aid and CPR C certification (we provide and pay for a course offered in the GTA), up to date references, and a background check on file.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to apply by email to email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for and include a resume plus any other pertinent information. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.