Waterfront Team Lead
We are currently looking for a Waterfront Team Lead to join our team of committed professionals. This full-time contract position within the Association is housed at the YMCA of Northeastern Ontario’s John Island Camp location in Spanish, Ontario. Under the direction of the Camp Director and Assistant Director, the Waterfront Team Lead is responsible for all waterfront activities at John Island Camp. They plan, prepare, facilitate and are responsible for the safety of all staff and participants in programs happening in and around the swimming area, sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, and kayaking.
START DATE: May 6, 2024 – September 2, 2024
LOCATION: Spanish, ON
RATE OF PAY: TBD
HOURS: 40 per week
- Scheduling and training of staff, and delivery of all John Island Camp waterfront programs including but not limited to swimming, sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, and kayaking.
- Safety and supervision of all programs at the John Island Camp waterfront
- Supervising all counseling staff facilitating programs in the waterfront area of John Island Camp including cabin programs, evening programs and camp wide programs
- Overseeing all counsellors and providing adequate training, ongoing support, feedback and evaluations.
- Responsible for developing and implementing staff training sessions during Staff Training Week and throughout the summer and providing midseason and end of season evaluations and additional feedback as required
- Facilitating programs during individual choice programs
- Lifeguarding as head guard
- Leading all Waterfront Emergency Procedures
- Experience planning and facilitating waterfront programs in an overnight camp environment
- Experience overseeing staff in a waterfront setting and ensuring safety of all participants
- Skills in risk management associated with waterfront programs in an overnight camp environment
- Skills in facilitation and instruction relating to swimming, water trampoline, canoeing and sea kayaking
- Knowledgeable in areas of waterfront safety and emergency waterfront procedures
- Ability to rescue capsized canoes and sea kayaks, and operate a rescue boat
- Ability to facilitate staff training sessions for all staff
- Current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Check
If you would like to work in a family friendly environment, please apply, by website only, with a cover letter and resume to the attention of the Personnel Committee.