Waterfront Director! Dive right in!
‘Water’ you doing for the summer? Wouldn’t you ‘lake” to help us build great kids at Camp Tawingo? And – help us keep those great kids safe in, on, and around the water?
Let’s begin with our “blurb” from the OCA Camp Guide so you can learn a little more about who and why we are!
Family owned and operated since 1961, Tawingo offers safe, summer fun in beautiful Muskoka. Youthful in spirit but mature in judgement, our staff are well-trained, highly motivated, and supremely caring. We take great pride in our 270-acre site of fields, forests, beaches, and streams; our creative programs; delicious food; and clean, fully-equipped cabins. Our goal is to instill in our campers an ability to live and play in harmony with one another and in the out-of-doors. We have fun building great kids!
Camp Tawingo believes in:
- Putting campers first – always and in all ways;
- Having fun while building great kids – using the Camp experience to teach transferable, 21st century life skills;
- Staff not Stuff: it is the creativity of our staff and the connections they help forge to campers, between campers, and to the out-of-doors that is at the heart of the Tawingo experience and daily program. – rather than “stuff” (e.g., zip lines, paintball, climbing walls, wake-boarding). Our staff are the key to unlocking the Camp experience for each camper!
- Learning to appreciate and live in harmony with the out-of-doors and one another; and that such learning happens best in a setting that is an OASIS from home and/or city life (i.e., away from phones, computers, T.V., video games, etc).
We are looking for a positive, responsible, caring, careful, and competent candidate to be the Waterfront Director for this summer.
Tawingo’s Waterfront Director is responsible for supervising a small team of Swim, Canoe, and Sailing Directors, and ensuring the safe and smooth operation of all Waterfront Programs:
- General Swim (twice daily);
- Interest Groups (during which skills are taught in swimming, canoeing, and sailing);
- Afternoon Program (during which one or two age groups use the Waterfront for special activities); as well as
- A few other All Camp special programs throughout the summer.
A current NLS (pool or lake) is mandatory. Having current Swim Instructors Certification is an asset.
Given that many of the staff who will be supervised at the Waterfront are between 17-20, it would be helpful if the candidate were an older University student.
Check out our Waterfront here:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GlNnAEcL-6L9KI04hlc-paGvWy5Esp8j
If you would like to ‘jump in with both feet’ (rather than simply ‘dip your toes in the water’!), then please ‘pool’ your resume together and send it along to Mike Pearse at firstname.lastname@example.org!