Dates of Employment
Start Date: June 25, 2021
End Date: September 3rd, 2021
Location: Minden, ON
Since 1918, campers have come to Onondaga Camp each summer to discover the challenges and rewards of outdoor adventure and friendship. A true Canadian summer tradition, Onondaga Camp offers an extraordinary environment for kids to play, explore, achieve, and grow.
Onondaga Camp is a summer overnight camp for children ages 6-16 near Minden, Ontario. We facilitate over 1,500 campers each summer. We hire staff on the basis of the soundness and maturity of their judgment, their commitment to being strong role models, and most importantly their ability to establish positive and caring relationships with their campers.
Onondaga Camp is looking for a Waterfront Director to oversee all safety on our waterfront. Onondaga Camp’s waterfront has various activities running simultaneously include sailing, stand up paddleboarding, swimming, canoeing, kayaking, water trampolining and waterskiing. The Waterfront Director is responsible for ensuring all safety procedures and policies are adhered to while being a positive presence at all times. The Waterfront Director is also responsible for our ‘free swim’ program which happens on a daily basis. Furthermore, they will aid in leading sessions on waterfront safety with all waterfront staff during staff training week.
- Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard Qualification (NL). NL waterfront is considered an asset.
- Lifesaving Society Examiners is an asset.
- Previous experience working at a summer camp is preferable.
- The ideal candidate possesses exceptional organization skills.
- As noted, this is a position which involves working closely with camp staff who are responsible for keeping our campers safe on the waterfront with strong guarding techniques and attention to safety. People skills and understanding of others is key in this position.
The Application Process
Please note that although we thank all applicants, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Onondaga Camp values the diversity of people. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided, on request, to support candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All responses will be handled with strict confidence.