Job Title: Waterfront Director
Reports to: Camp Director
Supervises: Waterfront Instructors and Participants
Start date: June 27, 2022
End Date : August 13, 2022
Cedar Ridge Camp provides a classic camp experience for children from Ontario and around the world. We offer a safe, friendly atmosphere for children ages 6-16 to develop physical and emotional skills while learning to live together comfortably in an outdoor environment. While developing an appreciation for the natural setting, Cedar Ridge campers and staff develop self-confidence and independence, creating friendships that last a lifetime. Waterfront activities are integral to our Canadian identity and an important part of the program at Cedar Ridge.
Located on Wannamaker lake you will have access to all facilities and equipment while enjoying the daily camp routine filled with incredible programming and unique experiences. If you want a valuable, enriching summer job experience and a chance to develop leadership skills in a safe and supportive setting, then please check our website for more information (cedarridgecamp.ca).
Job Goal / Summary:
As a Cedar Ridge Staff member, your primary concern is the physical and mental health well-being of campers. The Waterfront Director is responsible for all waterfront programming as a whole. The Waterfront Director will be responsible for working with staff and LIT’s to ensure the safety and quality of all waterfront programs including Sailing, kayaking, Paddle boarding, Swimming, and Canoeing.
Qualifications and Certificates:
- NLS Lifeguarding Certification
- Standard or Emergency First aid
- Mandatory training during pre-camp.
- Canoe Instructors (ORCKA or Paddle Canada) (Asset)
- Whitewater experience (Asset)
- Boating License (Asset)
- Drivers license (Asset)
- Highly familiar with the crisis and risk management manual
- Day to day management of the Waterfront
- Ensure the Waterfront is adequately staffed
- Ensure that health and safety practices are being followed by all participants
- Take on the duties of a Cedar Ridge Senior Staff member
- Working to optimize the camp experience of all Waterfront participants
- Emergency procedures: Oversee and delegate waterfront emergency procedures
- Ongoing training and evaluation of waterfront Staff, LITs and campers
- Assist in leading the on-site programs, activities and special period.
- Creative program design
- Equipment care and maintenance
- Oversee the training and certification of LIT’s
- Bringing creative twists and fresh ideas to programming.
- Assist waterfront staff that need additional guidance, scheduling, program development
- Ensure program quality and consistency by attending and reviewing program activities
How to Apply:
Send your resume to email@example.com Please indicate the position you are applying for and include a resume plus any other pertinent information. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Ongoing until filled.