Contract dates: June 23rd- August 30th, 2022
Salary/Wage: Dependent on experience. Room and board included. Live on site position.
Location: Camp Kandalore – Algonquin Highlands, Ontario
- NL and/or NL Waterfront (or willingness to obtain)
- Candidate has at least two years of waterfront experience working in a supervisory role or as a waterfront activity head.
- Lifesaving Instructors (or willingness to achieve). Examiner’s an asset (but not required)
- NOTE: If the candidate does not currently have an NL or Instructor certification, Kandalore will help find training and will offer a compensation program for the certification.
- Responsible for enforcement of all safety policies and procedures on the waterfront.
- Ensure all daily water activities are adequately lifeguarded and ratios are followed. Coordinate daily waterfront schedules.
- Ensure that all the equipment for waterfront programs are maintained and in full repair.
- Ensure that waterfront boats and vessels are maintained and in full repair (including crash boats, ski boats, kayaks, canoes, SUP boards, etc.).
- Provide support and mentorship for all waterfront and waterfront activity staff.
- Work with the Head of Swimming on camper level reports, swim tests, and documentation of camper swim levels.
- Have an active presence in camp life.
- Participate in camp-wide events and actively contribute to an inclusive environment for staff and campers.
Training: All employees are required to participate in a minimum week-long staff training program beginning June 24th. Permission from the Camp Director is required to miss any part of the staff training.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to the Assistant Director, Carly Reid, by email at email@example.com.
Or contact us at the Toronto Office: 416-322-9735
Application Deadline: Will remain open until position is filled.