Cedar Ridge Camp
Cedar Ridge Camp provides a classic camp experience for children from Ontario and around the world. We offer a safe, friendly atmosphere for children to develop physical and emotional skills while learning to live together comfortably in an outdoor environment. While developing an appreciation for the natural setting, Cedar Ridge campers develop self-confidence and independence, creating friendships that last a lifetime. Swimming is integral to our Canadian identity and an important part of the program at Cedar Ridge.
Cedar Ridge Camp is currently taking applications for the position of Waterfront Director for our 2022 Summer Camp. The Waterfront Director will be responsible for working with staff to ensure the safety and quality of all water programs including swimming, canoeing, kayaking, paddle-boarding and sailing. Successful candidate must have experience leading swimming programs in a lake or pool setting.
- Ensuing all waterfront safety standards/protocols are being followed
- To plan, organize and implement the delivery of daily swimming programs
- To supervision and provide direction to all waterfront safe
- To ensure that quality and consistently of all waterfront programs
- To deliver training to staff and LIT’s (Leaders in training) on waterfront emergency procedures
- Working with the Lifesaving Society to keep update records and award inventory
- To ensure all safety equipment is available and in good repair
- Create a welcoming environment for all campers and staff
- Take on the role as a Cedar Ridge Senior Staff member
- Current National Lifeguard Certification (NLS)
- Swim Instructor Certification (Examiners is an asset)
- Experience as a Lifeguard and instructing swimming programs
- Pleasure Craft License (or willing to obtain)
- Experience in a leadership role
Please send resumes to email@example.com or contact the Cedar Ridge Office at 613-332-6675.