Water Ski Instructor
July 3 – August 27, 2022. Optional employment: May & June 2022; August 28 – September 3, 2022.
Summer wages vary depending on age, qualifications and experience of applicants. Room and board are included.
How to Apply
Are you ready to ‘live the dream’ this summer? Consider joining our highly trained camp staff team and apply for a Water Ski Instructor position at HOC this summer.
We are a residential children’s camp in Ontario that has been privately owned and operated since 1966. Children from all over the world, aged 7-16, come to experience “The Ultimate Hockey And Summer Camp Experience” on beautiful Eagle Lake. With a capacity of 240 campers per week and 100 staff (1 staff to 2.5 campers), the beauty of HOC is that we are large enough to offer diversified camp programs to suit every camper’s needs. In addition to hockey, we provide an Overnight Ultimate Camp and Overnight Water Ski Program that does not include hockey instruction.
Our tradition of excellence is built upon the strength of our staff. Each staff member brings with them commitment, enthusiasm and compassion for children. Summer camp staff is one of the most valuable and rewarding jobs any person will ever have. Benefits include learning new skills and experiences, working outside, getting paid to have fun, connecting with youth, meeting new lifelong friends, personal growth, and fantastic memories. Annually the Senior and Directorial staff of HOC interview hundreds of staff candidates in order to find what we feel are the most caring and talented individuals with a passion for working and teaching children in a summer sports camp community.
Benefits to Working at HOC
- Room & Board Provided (includes all meals & weekly special staff snack).
- Weekly Staff Hockey & Water Skiing + other organized weekly staff activities & events.
- Access to program and recreation equipment – the chance to live on a lake for the summer.
- The chance to work in a close-knit supportive community that values staff health and wellness, creativity and employee success.
- The opportunity to develop life skills, applicable to multi-faceted career opportunities.
- An experience that will last a lifetime.
Daily / Weekly Responsibilities of a Water Ski Instructor
- Instruct campers aged 7-16 of various skill levels, in water skiing and wake sport disciplines.
- Complete daily attendance sheets & head counts for each class.
- Compose weekly camper evaluations based on their skill progression.
- Drive & operate various styles of water ski boats.
- Assist with daily maintenance / care of boats & equipment.
- Attend weekly Emergency Response Team training, including spinal practices.
- Assist with various aspects of camp outside of the water ski program.
- Additional classes and supervision as required.
- Minimum Bronze Cross (NL preferred) swimming qualification.
- Valid Canadian Water Ski Instructor’s Course certification.
- Current certificate of Emergency First Aid & CPR (Standard First Aid preferred).
- Respect in Sport certification.
- Pleasure Craft Operator’s License & experience driving ski boats.
- Knowledge & experience in water ski and wake sport disciplines.
- Possess the ability to teach and communicate with varied ages of campers.
- Possess strong group control skills.
- Must be an enthusiastic, energetic and positive person.
- Must be willing to take part in camp related activities outside the defined job description.
We will review applications as received. We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however, only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Hockey Opportunity Camp is committed to an accessible workplace and one that is free from discrimination in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. If you require accommodation in applying for this posting, please contact our office at 1-888-576-2752.