Tuck and Pro Shop Admin Intern
OLYMPIA SPORTS CAMP
Position: Tuck and Pro Shop Admin Intern
Location: 2400 Limberlost Road, Huntsville, Ontario, P1H 2J6
Employment: Summer 2024
Overview of Olympia & Tuck Shop
Olympia Sports Camp is a world-class, up-beat, dynamic and safe environment, where campers learn to participate and share in a community that focuses on positive energy and peer encouragement. The Tuck and Pro Shop is open twice a day for sales with a variety of clothing and snack foods available.
- Preparing and presenting regular reports on sales performance, financial status, and key performance indicators.
- Making data-driven recommendations for store enhancements and cost-saving measures.
- Analyzing data to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement.
- Maintaining records and documentation related to store operations and compliance.
- Managing daily cash handling and ensuring accurate cash registers.
- Maintaining financial records, including sales, expenses, and profit margins.
- Coordinating with external accountants or bookkeepers for tax and financial reporting.
- Preparing and overseeing the budget, tracking expenses, and optimizing cost control.
- Oversee day-to-day operations at the Tuck and Pro Shop.
- Address customer inquiries, complaints, and returns.
- Manage and monitor inventory levels.
- Receive purchase orders and maintain all related documentation.
- Importing accounts from main office
- Closing and Opening tills for sales
- Coordinate laundry pick up & drop offs
- Assist in training staff
- Supervision and scheduling of Tuck Shop leadership team
- Model positive behaviour and uphold Olympia values
- Motivate and oversee staff to optimize their performance.
- Evaluate employee performance and identify training needs
- Organize staff appreciation events and manage the associated budget.
- Analyze customer behavior to adjust product positioning and signage within the shop.
- Research products and propose merchandise updates.
- Ensure all staff compliance with policies and guidelines.
- Ensure all product storage areas are clean and organized
- Minimum 2 years experience of accounting or booking in university/college
- Experience in a supervisory or management role
- Retail experience, use of POS system, handling tender
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to lift weight of 25 lbs
- G2 or G licence (or international equivalent) preferred
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Clean Police Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C
Our commitment to you:
- We fully support all Health and Dietary Concerns – we have 3 nurses, a doctor and 4 athletic therapists available to you throughout the summer as well as a supportive kitchen staff
- Gym, fitness center & counsellor lounge available.
- Shared accommodations provided.
If you are interested in the job, please apply to Our Team | Olympia Sports Camp