Team Lead, Direct Hire & Work Permit Team
Join the Direct Hire & Work Permit Team at Camp Canada!
Camp Canada is an award-winning international staffing agency for Canadian summer camps and outdoor education organizations.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented individual to join our Direct Hire & Work Permit Team in our Team Lead. This person will have the opportunity to learn from and influence a fast-growing company and be a part of a fun, dynamic work culture.
The Work Permit and Direct Hire Team Lead is a newly created role to support the Direct Hire & Work Permit Team with the increase in demand due to the growth of participant numbers. Success will be defined as providing a smooth, simple and error-free immigration process for international participants and camp directors. This role will work closely with Camp Canada’s internal Immigration Consultant and will play a key role in coordinating and communicating with all other department heads.
Please visit our websites & social media channels to learn more information about our company.
Main responsibilities include
- Work closely with Camp Canada’s Immigration Consultant on key strategic decisions
- Co-lead a team of 3 employees: Direct Hire Account Manager, Direct Hire CSR, and Work Permit Coordinator
- Collaborate with the Direct Hire Program Manager and provide cover for the role as necessary
- Serve as the liaison between Direct Hire/Work Permit Team and the wider team
- Serve as a member of the Ops Team; represent the Direct Hire/Work Permit team on key issues/updates, collaborate on strategic business decisions, and relay appropriate information back to the team.
- Collaborate with our software development partner for portal updates/changes
- Conduct testing on portal updates
- Prepare the portal for a new season launch (updating content, documents, and conducting testing)
- Lead the team’s goal setting and track Work Permit stats to produce KPIs
Work Permit workflow
- Assist with moving our international participants through the necessary stages in our CRM system (online portal)
- Learn the camp counsellor work permit and different immigration rules/regulations from our internal team and through external resources, as they pertain to our participants
- Keep up with any relevant changes around the work permit process, the Government of Canada’s website, and/or travel regulations that might affect our participants
- Communicate internally with the appropriate team members and departments to ensure the process is flowing efficiently and to avoid any bottlenecks
- Assist with resolving any issues that may arise at the border
- Gain an understanding of the Government portal submission process
- Maintain an organized electronic file system of documents
- Update guides and templates regarding the work permit process, as necessary
- Run weekly status reports to better assess productivity and to identify any inefficiencies
Internal and external communication
- Work closely with other department heads/leads to create a smooth workflow and strive for continuous improvement
- Serve as the liaison between different internal teams about work permits to bridge the communication and knowledge gap
- Communicate with Camp Directors via email, phone, and Google Meet
- Supporting Directors with any questions or concerns about the Work Permit/Direct Hire process
- Communicate with participants, as necessary
- Follow up with participants via email who are missing documents and/or who have not completed certain tasks that are required
- Collaborate with the team on best practices and ways to improve processes
- Actively participate in company and team meetings
- Be an active member of other Camp Canada committees/task forces/projects as necessary
This job may include work in other areas/departments of the organization, during certain times in the season, and will be assigned by your Line Manager or HR. There will be advance verbal and written notice given, but since Camp Canada is a seasonal business, there may be times where certain tasks will be asked of you with short notice.
Dates of Employment:
- Ideal start date: As soon as possible.
- Contract length: Permanent.
- Annual: $58,000 – $62,000 based on experience and prorated based on contract length.
- Flexible work schedule with work from home options
- Open plan, comfortable and bright office located in midtown Toronto
- A thriving company culture driven by highly invested staff
- Apple MacBook laptop provided for all employees
- Casual dress
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or someone in possession of a valid open work permit that will allow employment until at least August 1st, 2023
- Able to communicate in English
How to apply:
- Please email your resume and cover letter to Cindy Benedek via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview
- We will continue to advertise the position until it has been filled
Camp Canada is committed to adhering to local Covid-19 guidelines and restrictions, and we have Covid-19 policies and procedures in place. In person office policies will change as government-related Covid-19 policies change and develop. We will share our Covid-19 office policies with candidates before they are officially offered the position.