Camp Kirk empowers neurodiverse kids and youth to reach their potential through recreational programs. Within a small and nurturing community, our programs emphasize strengths so that participants can develop confidence, connection and community. Camp Kirk supports neurodiverse kids and youth, ages 6-17. The majority of our campers have learning disabilities, autism, and/or ADHD
As part of a two-person team, the Swim Staff are responsible for overseeing all matters concerning the Camp Kirk swim program and pool. Responsibilities include:
- Swim Program: Plan and facilitate a fun and engaging recreational swim program for groups of campers (6-10 campers per group)
- Lifeguarding: Work daily lifeguarding shift during 2-3 ‘free swim’ periods
- Pool Maintenance: Conduct daily pool maintenance (i.e. vacuuming, chemical testing). NOTE: previous experience not required- training will be provided
As a member of the General Staff Team, the individual hired will be assigned to jobs that support the general camp program. Session-to-session, these duties will change but may include: being a Cabin Counsellor, planning and facilitating All-Camp programming (i.e. campfires, special events, etc.), and providing night-time supervision.
CONTRACT DETAILS + COMPENSATION
The dates of employment run from June 19th – August 28th, 2023. Staff reside at camp in cabins with 3-4 other staff members. Total compensation for a full summer contract is $5,700 + room and board.
REQUIREMENTS + EXPECTATIONS
- 19+ years old by June 2023
- Currently hold or be able to obtain a National Lifeguard certification by June 2023
- All staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Applicants should be keen to work and live in a close-knit communal setting
- Once hired, applicants must be willing to secure the following before their start date:
- Standard First Aid + CPR(C), or equivalent or higher certification
- Criminal Record Check
Fill out a Staff Application through the Camp Kirk website at campkirk.com/staff-application/. You will be required to upload a copy of your resume as part of the application.