Wanted: Head Swim Instructor
Are you interested in spending your summer on a lake in Algonquin Park? Do you have a passion for aquatics and working with young people in the outdoors? If so, then you should come be a part of the Taylor Statten Camps staff team!
The Taylor Statten Camps are Canada’s oldest fourth generational family-run traditional summer camp. We are located on Canoe Lake in Algonquin Provincial Park. The camp is made up of Camp Wapomeo for Girls and Camp Ahmek for Boys. We run the Royal Lifesaving Society Awards program. Our camper’s age varies from 6 – 16.
Head Swim Instructor
Camp: Ahmek & Wapomeo
We are currently seeking two (2) Head Swim Instructors, one (1) at each camp.
Waterfront Staff must have the following minimum qualifications (or be willing to achieve them before the start of the summer):
- Work with the Swim Instructor to deliver daily swim instruction classes to campers aged 6 to 16. Train and test all swimmers in the Royal Life Swimmers levels.
- Prepare older campers and work with the Examiner to test Royal Life Bronze Star, Medallion and Cross levels
- Provide general Lifeguarding duties at free swims and oversee Counsellors in their Lifeguarding responsibilities
- At least one summer of experience working in a waterfront or community pool environment.
- Demonstrated competencies in aquatic skill delivery such as, facilitation, program planning, safety management and rescue.
- Experience leading other staff in the delivery of an aquatics program.
- Examiner qualifications are an asset but not a requirement.
- Bronze Cross & Bronze Medallion Examiner optional
- Emergency First Aid and CPR “B”
- Royal Life Saving Instructor (able to teach Bronze Cross and Medallion)
- Examiner qualifications are a significant asset but not a requirement.
- Pleasure Craft Operator’s License
Compensation varies depending on experience. In the event we have 2 waterfront candidates for each camp, and neither have their Examiners, and both have generally similar experience, the Camp may assign Co-Heads of Waterfront at each camp. All positions include room, board, laundry and use of facilities.
Dates of employment: June 18– August 25, 2023 inclusive
Interested candidates are encouraged to use the online application process found at www.taylorstattencamps.com
Or contact us at the Toronto Office: 416 486 6959