Swim Instructor / National Lifeguard
Welcome to The Ivy!
Nestled in beautiful Lytton Park, The Ivy offers children ages 4-14 an enriching and intentional summer experience. The cornerstone of our summer camp is traditional, but the depth of our program is far from ordinary. Our staff provide campers with the foundation for building skills, character and self-esteem. As a member of our staff team, you will build unbreakable bonds with both campers and co-staff, develop essential leadership skills and have a summer experience like none other.
The Ivy is currently recruiting for the position of Swim Instructor / National Lifeguard
Swim staff are responsible for providing supervision and ensuring a safe environment at the camp’s swimming pool. Provide instructional or free swim program for campers ranging from Pre-K to Grade 8. Assist in the management and care of facilities and equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise and guard the campers and staff while swimming.
- Explain and ensure that staff and campers follow safety rules and procedures.
- Utilize first aid, CPR and other emergency management services as needed or required.
- Evaluate the aquatics abilities of campers and staff and make sure that each camper is in their proper level or receiving the proper support and instruction.
- Assist in the management and care of facilities and equipment.
- Be a role model for campers and staff.
- Dress appropriately for the swimming pool.
- Be enthusiastic and engaging.
- Provide individual support to campers.
- Ensure your National Lifeguard or associated qualifications (instructor certification) are valid for the duration of employment.
- Networking Opportunities
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Personalized reference letters upon request (written individually and tailored to the program/future job you are applying for)
- Free hot lunches!
- Staff Recs and Social Events
- Competitive Camp Salary
We invite all qualified candidates to submit an application at www.theivy.ca/jobs We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
The Ivy Day Camp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the diversity of our camp community including differences in race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We welcome candidates representing such diversity.
Please note: The Ivy Day Camp adheres to the Core Values of the Ontario Camps Association:
Integrity – Demonstrating honesty and fairness at all times.
Respect – Recognizing and protecting the inherent worth of every person, including oneself.
Responsibility – Being dependable and accountable for choices, actions and commitments.
Inclusiveness – Fostering a sense of belonging for all.
Caring – Building relationships and demonstrating concern for the needs of others.
Openness – Ability and willingness to embrace new and different ideas and to be open to change.