Summer Program Coordinator
Camp Quality Summer Employment Opportunity
Summer Program Coordinator: Camp Quality Canada
Start Date: May 29, 2023
End Date: September 1, 2023
Rate: $ 20/hr (40 hours/week)
Seasonal full-time position
Location: Based in Toronto, ON. With travel across Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta.
Work schedule may include weekdays and weekends/holidays as needed to support camp programs, events and other camp activities.
Nature & Scope
Camp Quality Canada supports children and families affected by cancer through camp programs. The Summer Program Coordinator will be involved in supporting our overnight camp programs across Alberta, Manitoba and Ontario. They will be responsible for overseeing all programs at camp in collaboration with the Camp Director and regional Program Coordinators. They will help to ensure that programs are safe, fun and meet the goals and policies of Camp Quality and meet camping standards. This role involves remote and in-person work. The position directly reports to the Senior Director of Programs. Room and Board is provided while travelling camp to camp.
- Previous experience managing and supervising staff/volunteers in a camp or youth program (minimum 2 years)
- Previous experience with special needs populations preferred
- Previous experience with Camping Standards and Accreditation is an asset.
- Energy, enthusiasm and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple work tasks
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Role model for children and youth and volunteers
- A clear and current criminal record check – vulnerable sector screening issued for Camp Quality Canada. (CRC-VSS)
- Valid Driver’s License an asset
- Additional Recreation Certifications an asset (ORKA, CUI, Adventureworks, etc.)
Remote Office (May 29 – June 30, 2023)
- Support with Camping Accreditation documentation and preparation
- Support Camp Organizing Committees with program schedule development
- Support with Pre-Camp Communication
- Support with Pre-Camp Training
- Support camps with program purchasing, inventory and third party-facilitators
Summer Camp (July 1 – September 1, 2023):
- Work collaboratively with the regional camp program team.
- Support the development and facilitation of high quality programs that are safe and meet the standards of Camp Quality Canada, the Camping Associations in each province we serve and the Children’s Oncology Camping Association.
- Responsible for managing shared program resources.
- Responsible for ensuring on-site equipment is in safe working order.
- Provide on-site consultation to Camp Organizing Committee members as needed for program related matters.
- Support National Volunteer Coordinator with leading on-site emergency protocols.
- Maintain and promote a high level of confidentiality in conversations and documentation.
- Understand, participate in and adhere to the Camp Quality Canada policies, procedures and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
To apply, email email@example.com.
Applicants are asked to submit a copy of their most recent resume, listing qualifications and experience and a cover letter. Please reference the job title in your subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We’re an equal opportunity organization
Inclusion is at the heart of what we do at camp. Camp Quality works to create inclusive spaces and programs for campers, volunteers and staff – free of discrimination based on age, race, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Camp Quality Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information about Camp Quality Canada, please visit www.campquality.org