Summer Office Director
Want to have an AMAZING SUMMER EXPERIENCE full of growth and fun? Camp Wenonah is a three-season overnight Summer Camp and Outdoor Education Centre that operates each year from May to October. During May, June, September, and October, Wenonah operates as Wenonah Outdoors. During July and August, Camp Wenonah operates as Camp Wenonah – an inclusive overnight Summer Camp.
All Wenonah programs operate with the same mission statement:
Surrounded by nature and guided by accomplished leaders, Wenonah campers have fun and learn lifelong skills in a safe and respectful community. In the words of a camper, “Camp Wenonah makes us better people.”
Wenonah is proud to be an accredited member of the Ontario Camps Association.
We know that a skilled, dedicated, and experienced staff is the best asset any summer camp and outdoor education centre can have. Our approach to staffing is to provide each staff member with the tools to make a significant and lasting contribution to the experience of each of our camper and outdoor centre participants. We believe that one way to make a difference in this world is by creating positive, affirming, communities and Wenonah is one of those!
One of the aspects of Wenonah that we are extremely proud of is our Office Team! Working in our office is rewarding and fun! Add to your résumé by working in a fast-paced administrative environment while making friends to last a lifetime.
EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSIVITY
At Camp Wenonah, we are completely committed to creating a safe and inclusive space for everybody. Ours is a caring community where everyone belongs, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, ability, or sexual orientation. Campers, guests, and staff are celebrated for who they are.
We especially welcome applications from individuals who would be integral towards serving our community, including those who self-identify as women, Black, Indigenous, or as a racialized person. If you identify in one of the former groups, we encourage you to self-identify in your cover letter.
DATES: June 23, 2023, to August 26, 2023 (with opportunities to start earlier and stay longer)
PAY: This depends on your age and experience. Let’s have an interview and then we’ll sort this through.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Oversee the day-to-day administration of our Summer Office in a brand new incredible Welcome Center!
- Provide outstanding customer service to Summer Camp clients (parents, staff, and campers)
- Information reporting from our CampBrain database – easy to learn.
- Supervise seasonal office staff (2 young and upbeat staff members will join you in the office)
- Daily mail and emails to staff and campers
- Staff and camper laundry – administration and communication with the professional laundry service
- Keep a clean, organized office space
- Communication via phone and a designated email address
- Manage summer office inventory of all administrative supplies for the Camp
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Some “Must Haves” include:
- You love to work with people and want to make a difference for those who participate in our Summer Camp
- You understand how an overnight Summer Camp experience can be instrumental in the growth and development of children and youth
- You are a team player. You are humble. You are willing to learn, and eager to lead.
- You have great time management and organizational skills
- You take initiative and can multitask
- You are committed to helping build an equitable, diverse, and inclusive community for campers, families, guests, and staff
- You have great written and oral communication skills
- You are a problem-solver and a critical thinker. You have sound judgment and reasoning skills.
- You take pride in your work, and you seek opportunities to improve
- You have some experience supervising and/or motivating other people
- You have a working knowledge of Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office
WHAT WILL YOU TAKE FROM THIS JOB?
- Your work will make a real difference in the lives of Wenonah campers and families. Wenonah campers attend for multiple Summers, and their connection to the people and place impact them in countless ways. In the Summer, you are often the first-point of contact for Wenonah families.
- You will join a Management Team of leading Camp professionals and a great seasonal Summer Management Team. Our team brings many years of experience to their roles. They have had leadership roles on the Boards of the International Camping Fellowship, Canadian Camping Association, and Ontario Camps Association. They have received some of the highest honours in international, national, and provincial camping in recognition of their work.
- We will celebrate your success! You will join a close-knit team of people who will give you the tools you need to thrive in your role, and who are keen to learn lots from you as well.
- Working at Wenonah allows you to develop your administrative, customer service, financial, human resource, facilitation, and leadership skills.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Number one! Your work is valued, and you will be instrumental in supporting 1500+ campers and over 100 staff.
- We have a professional mental health support provider on contract
- You will learn continuously with us, and have opportunities to expand your skill set in different areas
- We are fun! We enjoy our work, we laugh together, and we like to spend time with one another. We care about creating exceptional experiences for the campers, staff, and other guests that join us at Wenonah each year.
TO APPLY – CONTACT SENIOR DIRECTOR OF EXPERIENCE, JJ (Jennifer Jupp) at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and résumé or for more information.