Summer Camp Office Administrator
CAMP OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
Since 1962, and situated in the heart of the city, Bayview Glen Camp has created unforgettable summer memories for thousands of boys and girls, as one of Toronto’s longest-running and most beloved camps. Offering programs for children between the ages of 4 – 14, we provide enriched and balanced activities for our youngest campers, to activity electives for our oldest campers as they grow and broaden their interests. We are proud to have been voted ‘Best Co-Ed Day Camp’ by City Parent readers, more than once!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Supporting the on-line registration process, downloading, reviewing and updating our camp management software, Campbrain with new registrations
- Providing general support to the Assistant Camp Director during hiring months
- Organizing and booking interview times for camp staff applicants
- Conducting reference checks for potential staff
- Ensuring accurate entry of staff applicant information forms into CampBrain
- Generating and maintaining employee files including collecting and organizing required documentation and updating CampBrain database
- Updating CampBrain upon receipt of camper and staff health forms, confirmation forms, finalized bus routes, uniform order forms
- Maintaining an inventory of office supplies and stationery and ensuring that office supplies are well-stocked
- Liaising with Financial Administrator for purchase order approvals and payments
- Management/organization of the administrative details of the head staff training weekend
- Attendance and COVID-19 daily screenings for staff and campers (summer months)
- Working collaboratively with camp photographer to organize each photo week and the distribution of pictures (summer months)
- Organizing and preparing all social media posts
- Answering phones and supporting the office on a daily basis (summer months)
- Generating reports, attendances, bus schedules, weekly reports and any other document required for the operation of camp (summer months)
- Assisting Unit Heads with daily early camper pick-ups
- Answering parent inquiries about camp sessions, pricing, busing, etc.
What You’ll Need:
- High School Diploma
- Two or more years of experience in an administrative and/or customer service capacity
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation
- An enthusiastic, positive attitude with an ability to maintain calm in stressful situations
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet tight deadlines in a busy environment
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures
- Experience and knowledge within a summer camp environment considered an asset
- Ability and desire to commit to part-time hours starting in February and full-time hours during peak season (May to August)
Who You Are:
- Motivated self-starter, energetic with a positive attitude and a keen attention to detail
- Resourceful and flexible with a good sense of humour
- A team player with a passion for all things camp
Here’s What We Offer:
- A fun work environment where team members support each other
- Meaningful work providing enriching summer experiences for children
- A welcoming, vibrantly multicultural community
We invite all qualified candidates to submit a cover letter and resume (combined into one document) to email@example.com by no later than January 31, 2022. Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
At Bayview Glen Camp, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all members of our school community feel valued, respected, and supported. We encourage qualified applications from the diverse communities in which we live and serve and who may contribute to the further diversification of perspectives and ideas. We will accommodate needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact our Human Resources Department for assistance if required.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will need to provide a current vulnerable sector screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment.
Bayview Glen Camp has determined that vaccinations of all camp staff and eligible campers are required in order to protect our camp community. Certain accommodations or exemptions will be considered if required under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as masks and face shields must be worn.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit us online at www.bayviewglencamp.ca