Summer Camp Director
Position: Summer Camp Director
Lambton Centre is looking for an enthusiastic individual interested in becoming a camping professional. If you have leadership experience in the camping industry, if you love helping others grow and discover the many benefits of the summer camp experience. Then this might be the perfect job for you.
Lambton Centre runs an Outdoor Education program and a Summer Camp program from May to August. We are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented, creative individuals with a love for the outdoors, being a leader and working with children. This fantastic experience offers excellent leadership development opportunities and a place to build lifelong friends.
This is a contract position that will be full-time from May through August. The incumbent will:
– Participate in the hiring of summer camp staff
– Overseeing the spring outdoor education programs and summer camp programs.
– The Summer camp Director will help promote Lambton Centre at Community events and through social media.
There is the potential for this position to be expanded beyond the summer camp season.
Due to the current pandemic, the responsibilities of this position may need to be flexible depending on public health requirements.
OVERVIEW OF KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
– To coordinate and facilitate Outdoor Education activities for the spring bookings.
– Process summer camp registrations, special needs identification and cabin assignments.
– Participate in Lambton Centre’s accreditation process.
– To provide constructive, consistent and modelled leadership for summer camp staff. This will include a leadership role in Staff training and throughout the summer.
– To establish the themes associated with each camp session;
– To conceptualize, develop and implement the mission, purpose and goals of Lambton Centre’s summer camp program.
– To provide daily supervision/guidance to staff, including responsibilities and scheduling of breaks.
– To be present and available to all camp staff and campers during the day
– Accommodations are available throughout the summer. But the candidate must live on-site when there are campers on sight.
– To carry out the policies and directives set forth by the Board of Directors as well as the OCA and UCC Camping Association
– A minimum of 2 years of post-secondary education in a related field.
– A minimum of 3 years of direct camp staff experience.
– A minimum of 2-3 years of management/supervisory experience
– A clear Police check with vulnerable person screening
– Requires a Vulnerable Records Screening
– First Aid / CPR Certificate
– Teamwork is essential
– Demonstrated communication skills as well as the ability to speak publically
– Reliable, punctual, dependable and accountable
– Appreciation and passion for Summer Camp
– Knowledge of the life and work of the United Church of Canada
– Must be able to live on-site during summer camp
Detailed Job description available upon request.
Application with attached Resumes must be submitted by January 31, 2022
Link to the application form below.