Summer Camp Cook/Baker
Tanamakoon is looking for a skilled cook/baker who is interested in a challenging and rewarding summer working alongsie our great Chefs!
The position requires staff to live on site during the contract
Employer: Camp Tanamakoon
Position: Camp Cook
Terms of Employment: Seasonal Contract/full time
Location: Algonquin Park, Cache Lake access point, Ontario
Employment Address: Tanamakoon Lake, Km 24-Hwy 60, Cache Lake Landing, Algonquin Park, Ontario
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
20-week duration from May 1 – October 15, 2023, based on 40-hour week – 6 days on, 1 day off
- Room and Board
- Salary: $26.25 – $27.50 CAD per hour ($1050.00 – $1,100 CAD per week) depending on experience
Contact: Resumes to email@example.com and include “Camp Cook” in the email subject line.
Duties & Qualifications:
- Camp Cooks reports to the Camp Chef & Food Manager and provides daily meals and baking service. Up to two positions may be available.
- Assisting the Camp Chef in daily meal production as required
- Supporting the kitchen staff and the meal service as required.
- Responsible for daily baking production.
- Assisting the Camp Chefs in managing the day-to-day kitchen operation.
- Maintaining excellent health and hygiene practices and adhering to the camp’s kitchen work and safety policies.
- Support all protocols and policies as defined by the Ministry of Health and Camp Tanamakoon
- Ensuring that special diet meals/deserts are prepared for campers, staff, and visitors with special needs.
- Ensuring the camp minimizes food waste, and complies with camp and Algonquin Park practices for food and waste handling and cleanliness.
- Overnight camp requires employees to live on site.
- Secondary School completion required.
- Prior experience preferred in a children’s summer camp kitchen/food service
- Cooking/baking skills for large groups.
- Cuisine experience: Canadian, Italian, Mexican, Vegetarian, special diets, etc.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar setting.
- Familiar and comfortable with the Algonquin Park area
- Culinary education qualifications or certification required.
- Excellent teamwork skills both as a leader and team player
- Be comfortable in the natural world and semi rustic setting
Number of positions: 1 – 2. One position may commence earlier due to camp opening date and small group food service in advance of the main season.
Seasonal Contract/Full Time/ Day/Evening/Night, Weekday/Weekend.
A cover letter, resume, references, personal interview, and criminal background check is required for the successful candidate(s).