Registered Nurse and Nursing Students
|Live, Work, and Play with Children in Addington Highlands This Summer! Camp Gesher – a co-ed children’s overnight summer camp located in eastern Ontario not far from Bon Echo Park. (1 hour from Belleville)
Our medical team of a Head Nurse and an Assistant Nurse (Student). Nurses work (and play) together to keep our community healthy so campers can learn and grow in our beautiful wilderness setting. Camp nursing is health-oriented, not illness-oriented. This is an ideal post for RNs who would like to bring their children to summer camp… or not.
We need nurses and nursing students students for either one of our month-long sessions (June 23-July 28 or July 29-August 21) or the full summer (June 23-August 21).
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The Camp offers an outdoor residential camping experience to boys and girls between the ages of 8-16 years. The Camp community consists of about 30 youth staff and about 120 campers per session during its summer season.
The Camp is located on Lake Pringle just outside Cloyne, Ontario. A cottage, laundry service and meals are provided. In addition to enjoying the unspoiled lakefront setting, the camp facilities are available for use.
Responsibilities and Duties
To work as part of the Camp Health Care Staff to:
- Review all health forms of campers and staff and become familiar with all conditions that might require special attention.
- Order and keep inventory of all medical supplies.
- Dispense daily medications.
- Ensure that proper health and safety regulations are followed.
- Offer clinic hours for the assessment of acute medical conditions and associated record-keeping.
- Liaise with both camp staff, and families regarding health care matters.
Manage and co-ordinate care with off-site health care services,
- Manage first aid kit maintenance (camp activities and overnight canoe trips)
- Assistance with daily first aid and medical emergencies as required.
- Taking care of any health concerns that arise at any specialty activity.
Qualifications and Skills
- Student in a Registered Nursing program. Applications are welcomed from current and graduating nurses.
- Ability to originate, update and/or monitor health care, maintain records, and implement the health care plan
- Current CPR and First Aid (HCP and AED) certifications
- Desire to work and live in a camp community
- All insurance coverage [professional], member in good standing with governing bodies, and all regulatory compliance up to date
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in pediatrics is desirable.
- Experience with children and adolescents an asset
- Ability to work independently.
Responsible to: Camp Director
Job Type: Seasonal Contract
Required licenses or certifications:
- Current CPR and First Aid (HCP and AED)
- Enrollment in an accredited nursing school required for Assistant nurse positions
Salary: commensurate with experience
To Apply: Send Resume and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org