Camp Kirk empowers neurodiverse kids and youth to reach their potential through recreational programs. Within a small and nurturing community, our programs emphasize strengths so that participants can develop confidence, connection and community. Camp Kirk supports neurodiverse kids and youth, ages 6-17. The majority of our campers have learning disabilities, autism, and/or ADHD.
The Sous Chef will assist in all food preparation and kitchen operations. Specific duties include:
- Preparing nutritionally balanced camp meals, snacks, and out-trip food.
- Completing all scratch baking (fresh breads and desserts).
- Overseeing and managing the meal service.
- Cleaning and sanitizing the kitchen facilities and equipment
- Assisting in receiving food orders and inventory management.
Dates of employment: June 15th – August 28th 2023.
Compensation: $1350/week + room and board
- 20+ years old by June 2023
- 3+ years experience in a similar role or kitchen environment
- Strong knowledge of cooking and scratch baking methods, commercial kitchen equipment, and food safety
- Food Handlers Certification required by June 2023
- Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Screening for individuals over 27 years of age
Fill out an Application through the Camp Kirk website: campkirk.com/staff-application/. You will be required to upload a copy of your resume as part of the application.