Contract Dates: June 8th to August 20th (start date is flexible + possibility of a shorter contract)
Salary Range: $550 – $710/week, based on experience.
Who we are:
Camp Ouareau is an all-girl’s summer camp in Canada, with a unique language program that gives campers from a range of different backgrounds the chance to develop their skills and connect with others in a second language. Just north of Montréal, Ouareau is nestled between the Lanaudière mountains, the ideal place to practice your French (or English!), to work on leadership skills, and to be a part of a dynamic and empowering team of women, all while taking advantage of the camp’s lakeside location!
Here’s a sneak peak to see what a summer at Ouareau looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMwOHZLpCPw
The wellness and wellbeing of campers and staff is a top priority for us at Camp Ouareau, and food plays a huge part in this. From the nutritional value required to get you through an active day at Camp to the home cooked meal that simply makes you feel at home. As a Sous-Chef at Camp Ouareau, you will work with a team of 3-4 individuals and to ensure that all the food-related needs of our campers and staff are met.
- Preparation of 3 meals a day and small snacks for approx. 220 people in collaboration with Head Chef;
- Working in team of 3-4 sous-chefs;
- Assisting with management of inventory, ingredients, and meal leftovers;
- Assisting in the planning and execution of the weekly menu;
- Preparing meal alternatives for food restrictions, intolerances and/or allergies;
- Maintaining all kitchen equipment.
- Experience in the culinary field preferred;
- Knowledge of various cooking methods, ingredients, and procedures;
- Knowledge of hygiene and sanitation standards;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Facility with teamwork;
- Autonomy and ability to take initiative;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to operate various kitchen appliances, including but not limited to, gas grill, gas fryer, 6 burner stoves, ovens, meat grinders, food processors;
- Be physically able to work 10 hour shifts, with the majority of the time spent on your feet;
- Knowledge of basic French.
- 10 hour shift (with breaks);
- Monday to Friday, weekends;
- One full day off per week.
Housing: You will be required to live on site, and you will share a rustic cabin with 3-4 other staff members.
- Accommodation and meals are provided;
- Casual dress;
- Working at a beautiful, lake-side location;
- Access to camp activity equipment during times off (canoe, kayak, rock climbing, archery, etc.);
- Opportunity to contribute to a positive and empowering community of women;
- Opportunities for personal development of skills such as leadership and team-building.
For any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you 🙂