Everyone Is Welcome
We want to work alongside great people who care deeply and align with our shared values. We welcome the unique contribution that you can make with your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. If you haven’t seen yourself appropriately represented in the technology and summer camp industries, we encourage you to apply – you are welcome here.
CampBrain is a 45-person company in downtown Toronto. We create web-based registration software for summer camps, schools, and conference centres. We have a well-earned reputation for great software backed by incredibly competent and dedicated customer service. We do business in a straightforward and honest style.
About this Position
Software Support is the most common entry point for new staff (often near the beginning of their careers) joining CampBrain. Software Support specialists work within our Operations department to help and support the hundreds of organizations who use CampBrain to run their businesses. They are the “frontline” representatives of our values and have a reputation across the industry for providing caring, thoughtful, and high-quality support. Working with our Software Support team is a key reason why our clients love their software.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Provide software support and consultation via phone and email to the thousands of registrars, directors, and administrators using CampBrain across North America
- Investigate and troubleshoot technical and setup-related issues in the software
- Identify and understand what problems users are struggling with, and provide straightforward solutions or workarounds
- Train new customers and new users
- Design and build custom reports
- Proactively identify issues with how clients use CampBrain, and work with them to make their experience better
- Consult with clients on the configuration of their software
- Work in shifts (between 8:30am and 8:00pm EST)
What do you bring to the table?
- You have excellent customer service skills; it is the cornerstone of the company
- You love to help people and you care about making a meaningful long-term impact on the summer camp industry
- You are hungry to learn; we value people who care about building on their skills and experience over many years
- You have excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- You are an outstanding written and verbal communicator
- You take pride in your work, you’re highly accountable, and you love collaborating with others to learn and solve problems
It would be nice (but not mandatory) if you have:
Experience with SQL databases and query/report design
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to build valuable career experience and skills while making a meaningful impact on the camp industry
- An environment to grow and evolve your technical, customer service, communication, and leadership skills
- A supportive culture filled with people who want to help you be successful
Why you should work here?
A strong set of values guides our decision-making at every level. During your interview, push us to provide examples of our values in action.
DEMONSTRATE CARE: With empathy and kindness, we demonstrate deep care for each other, our community, and the work we do. BRING JOY: We show up with positivity, laughter, and delight.
LEARN CONTINUOUSLY: With humility and curiosity, we embrace learning and improving. COMMUNICATE AUTHENTICALLY: With candor and respect, we communicate openly.
THINK LONG-TERM: We focus on long-term, sustainable value. We’re profitable and established.
CampBrain is not a start-up. Founded in 1994, we are a stable, profitable, privately held company. We have a proven track-record, a viable product, and loyal paying customers. Your work will be valued, it will be important, and it will matter.
You’ll be working with and helping 1300+ camps across North America to run their camps successfully You’ll work with a talented team.
We are smart, funny, empathetic, kind, and we care about the quality of our product and service. We have interesting challenges and there is a lot to learn.
One million campers will register through our system this year resulting in almost a billion dollars of e-commerce. Operating at this scale raises unique issues for us and our clients, and demands high-quality support and problem-solving.
You can work from home. We have all been working from home for more than a year, and many of us will continue to do so even after the office opens again.
The office is cool. Should you choose to work in the office, we have 8000 square feet in an old brick-and-beam building that used to be the Heintzman Piano Factory. The space is open and bright with lots of natural light. The office is 1 km east of the King Subway Station in Downtown Toronto. The neighbourhood is in the middle of a vibrant renewal. We’re near coffee shops, restaurants, the Distillery District, the St. Lawrence Market, and 20-metres from a great independent espresso bar. Company culture and events.
We are a close-knit team building a product and company we love. The people we work with and our office culture are incredibly important to us and we work hard at it.
• Family weekends at camp
• Axe throwing, brewery tours, archery dodgeball & baseball games
• Potluck lunches, cookie exchanges
• Bowling Night and Poker Night
• Canoe Heads for Kids: Raising money to get more kids to camp
• Cooking classes
Check us out on Instagram for more.
Interested? Good… we need you.
IMPORTANT: Include a cover letter! Use it to set yourself apart and make yourself stand out. Tell us about an achievement you are most proud of – include your résumé and send it to Rich Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If assistance or an accommodation would be helpful in your application, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Check out https://www.campbrain.com/careers to see what it’s like to work here and understand what we’re about.