Software Support Specialist
CampBrain – Software Support Specialist
Everyone is welcome
We want to work alongside great people who care deeply and align with our shared values. We welcome the unique contribution that you can make with your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. If you haven’t seen yourself appropriately represented in the technology and summer camp
industries, we encourage you to apply – you are welcome here.
CampBrain is a 50+ person company in downtown Toronto. We create web-based registration software for summer camps, schools, and conference centres. We have a well-earned reputation for great software backed by incredibly competent and dedicated customer service. We do business in a
straightforward and honest style.
About this position
Software Support is the most common entry point for new staff (often near the beginning of their careers) joining CampBrain. Software Support specialists work within our Operations department to help and support the hundreds of organizations who use CampBrain to run their businesses. They are the “frontline” representatives of our values and have a reputation across the industry for providing caring, thoughtful, and high-quality support. Working with our Software Support team is a key reason why our clients love their software.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Provide software support and consultation via phone and email to the thousands of registrars, directors, and administrators using CampBrain across North America
- Investigate and troubleshoot technical and setup-related issues in the software
- Identify and understand what problems users are struggling with, and provide straightforward solutions or workarounds
- Train new customers and new users
- Design and build custom reports
- Proactively identify issues with how clients use CampBrain, and work with them to make their experience better
- Consult with clients on the configuration of their software
- Work in shifts (between 8:30am and 8:00pm EST)
What do you bring to the table?
- You have excellent customer service skills; it is the cornerstone of the company
- You love to help people and you care about making a meaningful long-term impact on the summer camp industry
- You are hungry to learn; we value people who care about building on their skills and experience over many years
- You have excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- You are an outstanding written and verbal communicator
- You take pride in your work, you’re highly accountable, and you love collaborating with others to learn and solve problems
*If you meet these requirements in a unique way, or meet most of these requirements, we encourage you to apply!
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to build valuable career experience and skills while making a meaningful impact on the camp industry
- An environment to grow and evolve your technical, customer service, communication, and leadership skills
- A supportive culture filled with people who want to help you be successful
Why you should work here:
A strong set of values guides our decision making at every level.
During your interview, listen for examples of our values in action – ask us, if you don’t hear them.
DEMONSTRATE CARE: With empathy and kindness, we demonstrate deep care for each other, our community, and the work we do.
BRING JOY: We show up with positivity, laughter, and delight.
LEARN CONTINUOUSLY: With humility and curiosity, we embrace learning and improving.
COMMUNICATE AUTHENTICALLY: With candor and respect, we communicate openly.
THINK LONG-TERM: We focus on long-term, sustainable value.
We’re profitable and established.
CampBrain is not a start-up. Founded in 1994, we are a stable, profitable, privately held company. We have a proven track record, viable product, and loyal paying customers.
Your work will be valued, it will be important, and it will matter.
You’ll be working with and helping 1500+ camps across North America to run their camps successfully.
You’ll work with a talented team.
We are smart, funny, empathetic, kind, and we care about the quality of our product and service.
We have interesting challenges and there is a lot to learn.
One million campers will register through our system this year resulting in almost a billion dollars of e-commerce. Operating at this scale raises unique issues for us and our clients, and demands high quality support and problem solving.
We have embraced a hybrid approach.
Should you choose to work in the office, we are based in an old brick-and-beam building that used to be the Heintzman Piano Factory. The space is open and bright with lots of natural light. Should you choose to work from home, we have a WFH allowance to assist. Perhaps you would like a bit of both? Great. We’re flexible.
Company culture and events.
We are a close-knit team building a product and company we love. The people we work with and our company culture are incredibly important to us. We work hard to cultivate our culture and provide opportunities to gather & connect, both online & in-person.
- Family weekends at camp
- In-person events: Axe throwing, archery dodgeball, cooking classes, baseball games, bowling, Poker Night, potluck lunches, cookie exchanges
- Online events: Trivia hosted by Brainers, Taskmaster competitions, Paint Night, CampBrain Book Club, Gingerbread Baking
- Canoe Heads for Kids: Volunteering and fundraising to get more kids to camp
Check us out on Instagram for more.
Starting Salary: $48k
Paid Vacation: 4 weeks
Benefits: Drug Plan, Health Spending Account, Mental Health Fund, Wellness Allowance, Personal
Learning Allowance, Work-From-Home Allowance, Paid Unplanned Days, Inkblot Therapy
The Hiring Process
Step 1: A phone call with our People & Culture manager. In this call, we will discuss how you came to apply and share some more details about the position.
Step 2: A video meeting with our hiring committee to discuss the role and our company, and dive deeper into your experiences and professional goals.
Interested? Good… we need you.
Click here to apply now! In your cover letter, tell us about an achievement you are most proud of. The application deadline is May 7th, 2023.
If assistance or an accommodation would be helpful in your application, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out campbrain.com/careers to see what it’s like to work here and understand what we’re about.