Six Week Tripper (4 positions available)
Six Week Tripper, Full Time (Four Positions Available)
Camp Stephens, Lake of the Woods, Kenora, Ontario (Live on Site)
June 25–August 26, 2023 (subject to change)
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. As a part of the Camp Stephens Wilderness team, the Tripper will provide expertise, experience and skills specific to wilderness canoe tripping and are responsible for planning and leading the 6-week canoe trip.
Are you the right fit?
- General camper care including managing behaviours
- Coordinate canoe trip including packing food and equipment
- Ensure safe wilderness tripping for all campers
- Complete administrative duties
What else do you need?
- Minimum Class 5F License or equivalent with driver abstract
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid/Wilderness First Responder with CPR Level C
- Global Harmonized System certification (GHS) – employer will train
- Bronze Cross
- 2+ years of remote canoe trip leading experience
- Fully immunized against COVID-19 or valid exemption
- Paddle Canada Canoe Tripping or Moving Water certification
- Paddle Canada Instructor
- National Lifeguard (NL)
- Swiftwater Rescue Technician (SRT)
Submit your cover letter and resume by December 30, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org