Reports To: Site Manager
Compensation: $15.50 – $16.50
Location: 2311 Oxford St W. London, ON
Employment Dates: May 8, 2023 – September 7, 2023 (start dates, end dates, and working hours are flexible)
This role works a s part of a team to clean and sanitize common areas, sleeping spaces, dining areas, kitchens, washrooms, and program areas. They ensure that that paper products are stocked in all areas of buildings and manage the laundry processes. This role also contributes to the gardening and landscaping upkeep, offering many opportunities to work outside on our beautiful 100+ acre site. Some light maintenance duties will be included and specialty training will be provided as needed. Working at camp will provide the opportunity to have variation in your workday, enjoy time outside, and play a meaningful role in a camping program that is highly prized within our community.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Cleaning camper sleeping areas, office spaces, common areas, Dining Hall, Kitchen, washrooms.
• Frequent sanitation for high-touch areas around site.
• Stocking paper products through Camp.
• Light maintenance duties.
• Mopping, polishing and vacuuming floors.
• Laundry and housekeeping duties.
• Light gardening duties.
• Completion of turnover processes between camper sessions ensuring that all areas are deep cleaned, sanitized, and stocked prior to next arrival.
• Other general cleaning and site duties as assigned by the Site Manager.
Physical Aspects of the Job
• Ability to manage time effectively across a wide variety of tasks.
• Must be able to work safely and efficiently on a site that includes forest trails, steep hills, and wildlife.
• Must be dependable, responsible, and respectful of campers & staff
• Must be a team player with the ability to get along with other staff
• Comfortable using household cleaning and maintenance tools.
• Ability to handle mop buckets and floor scrubbing machines.
• Willing to work both indoors and outdoors throughout the summer.
• Must have reliable transportation as Camp, while in the City of London, is not on a bus route.
• Must be able and willing to follow COVID-19 guidelines
Minimum age: 16 years
Previous cleaning experience an asset, but not required. Training will be provided.
• It is required that all staff be fully vaccinated against Covid19 and follow the health and safety recommendations provided by Provincial and Regional Health Units.
• Should be capable of lifting and transferring 15 – 25 kgs in a safe manner.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from site.
• A criminal record check is required in order to work on Easter Seals property in any capacity.
• Available working shifts include daytime weekdays and weekends. Some opportunity for evening work may be available in select circumstances.
To Apply: Contact Site Manager Howard Botten at email@example.com or 519.200.6462.
Easter Seals Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Easter Seals Ontario fosters an environment of inclusivity, empowerment, and safety for participants and staff alike. Easter Seals Ontario is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory ability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws of Ontario.