Camp Tamakwa is a children’s overnight summer camp in Algonquin Park located 2.5 hours north of Toronto. Founded in 1936, Tamakwa is home to over 250 boys and girls aged 7-16. Tamakwa prides itself on traditional values, camp spirit, safety and skill development. Tamakwa’s rich traditions, family atmosphere, and unique site distinguishes itself, along with numerous watersports, landsports, creative arts, outdoor skills activities, as well as a premier canoe tripping program.
We are hiring camp counselors for our summer 2023 season!
As a counselor, you get the opportunity to have the full camp experience. The main role is to oversee a safe, caring and nurturing cabin environment. Some of the responsibilities that they will take on during the summer include:
- Going on a 2-5 day canoe trip each month with their cabin
- Assisting at one of camps 20+ activities
- Supervise your cabin at meal times
- Ensuring campers are maintaining good personal hygiene
- Creating a fun and memorable summer for your cabin group
Each cabin will have a junior counselor for support.
Candidates for this position must have their bronze cross certification prior to arriving at camp.
Previous experience working with children is desirable