Senior Counsellor / Spring Season Outdoor Educator
Camp Mansfield – July & August
2024 is our 31st year of welcoming campers!
Senior Counsellor – Day Camp and Overnight Positions available
Pre-Season Outdoor Education Positions are also available (May through June)
Camp Mansfield is located at the Mansfield Outdoor Centre in the stunning hills of Mulmur Township near Alliston Ontario. We have 300 acres of forests and fields with the pristine Pine River meandering across our property. Camp Mansfield offers Day Camp and Overnight Camp experiences for up to 135 campers from 5 to 14 years old. Our in-ground swimming pool provides a great place to cool off on hot summer days. 2024 is our 31st year of welcoming campers!
Senior Counselors play an important role in ensuring campers have a positive camp experience. You are the role model for your group of campers, leading by example and showing the way to have fun, helping them create memories to last a lifetime. You will be involved in all Camp activities, participating, supervising, assisting campers and staff and serving as a positive role model. Every day will bring new rewards and challenges.
Senior Counselors are assigned to a group of campers each week and will work closely with a Junior Counselor. You will get the opportunity to work with campers from 5-14 years old. You may also lead and supervise a Counsellor-in-Training.
What will you be doing?
- Working as part of a team with other staff members.
- Leading a group of up to 16 campers through their daily schedule with the assistance of a Junior Counsellor.
- As a Day Camp counsellor, you will work Monday through Friday
- As an Overnight Counsellor, you will work Sunday afternoon through Friday
- Serving as a positive role model to other staff and campers by participating in and leading activities as assigned.
- You bring an ability and desire to work with youth.
- Helping to create a fun, inclusive program with safety as the primary focus for all camp participants.
- Delivering programs in a variety of program areas (Sports, Games, Archery, Arts and Crafts etc.)
- You will be accountable to the Camp Manager, Assistant Managers, or designated Supervisors.
- Providing leadership to Counselors-in-Training.
- Leading campers and staff in the daily clean-up of camp (keeping cabins neat and tidy, meal clean-up, helping to keep the grounds tidy etc.)
- Be proactive in preventing bullying and respond appropriately to any incidents among staff and campers.
- Complete incident reports as required.
- Maintain a professional image by always wearing your uniform while at camp.
- Complete assigned clean up duties at the end of each camp day.
- Follow the policies and procedures as outlined in the staff handbook.
- Other duties as required.
Other things to keep in mind:
- Attendance and participation in pre-camp training is mandatory. Pre-camp runs June 24-28, 2024
- Camp sessions run weekly from July 2 through August 23, 2024.
- Each week, you will receive a camp schedule based on training, interest, and camp program needs.
- Staffing levels may be adjusted each week to respond to the number of campers and other program needs.
What are we looking for?
- You are a Minimum of 18 years old as of the start of camp.
- A commitment to working all 8 camp sessions.
- You have a completed a First Aid certificate by June 15 (of current year),
- You are able to administer basic first aid.
- You are willing work in relationship with minors.
- You are willing to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Background Check prior to the start of camp
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Salary: Day Camp Counselor $662.00 per week
Overnight Camp Counselor $800.00 per week
If this sounds like something you are interested in, submit your resume and cover letter to Fred Tustin, Camp Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday February 23rd, 2024.
We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.