Senior Counsellor – Day Camp
Counsellors have an important role for campers to have a successful camping experience. They are closely involved in all Camp activities, participating, supervising, assisting campers and staff and serving as a positive role model.
Senior Counsellors are assigned to oversee a cabin as well as assist with overseeing up to 2 Junior Counsellors and their cabins.
Counsellors are required to have the following capacities and willingness:
- Willing to work as part of a team with other staff members.
- Be committed to the camp for the duration of the summer and all camp session weeks.
- Serve as a positive role model to other staff and campers by participating in and leading activities.
- Has an ability and desire to work with children and youth.
- Help provide an inclusive program with safety, fun and activity as the primary focus for all camp participants
- To be accountable to the Camp Manager, Assistant Managers or designate supervisors.
- To give leadership to counselors-in-training.
- Sleep with an assigned cabin with campers
- To lead campers in the daily clean-up of camp ie. Cabins, meal hall, other buildings, grounds
- To be proactive in preventing bullying and responds immediately to any incidents among staff and campers.
- To inform Camp Manager, Assistant Manager or designate supervisor of any and all incidents and complete incident reports as soon as possible.
- Wear and maintain a clean uniform that is provided to you at all times while working.
- Complete assigned clean up duties at the end of each Camp.
- Ensure personal items, equipment and assigned area in a cabin or in the lodge is kept clean, neat at all times.
- Obey the policies and procedures as outlined in the staff handbook.
- Other duties as required.
Particular duties relating to each camping season:
- Work under the supervision of the Camp Manager, Camp Assistant Managers, and designate Supervisors.
- Attend pre-camp training and events.
- At the beginning of each week, the manger will determine how specific duties may be assigned or divided among staff, based on training, interest, and need.
- Must have a completed First Aid certificate by June 15 (of current year),
- Be able to administer basic first aid,
- To work in relationship with vulnerable individuals who are under the age of consent,
- To have a Vulnerable Sectors Background Check (of current year)
- WHIMIS training (we will provide)
- Will be evaluated at mid and end of season by the Camp Manager and Assistant Camp Managers.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Salary: $600.00 per week