Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good – helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
We’re looking for a…
The Seasonal Maintenance Worker ensures the facilities and grounds are clean and maintained on a regular basis.
This role will be based onsite at our Tim Horton Onondaga Farms location in St. George, ON.
2 contract timelines available:
- March 25, 2024 – October 31, 2024 (1 position available)
- June 3, 2024 – October 31, 2024 (1 position available)
$17.00 – $18.75 per hour based on experience.
What would you be doing?
- Safely operate power mowers, electric clippers, pruning saws, and other landscape maintenance equipment
- Perform duties towards maintaining a clean and properly landscaped camp environment
- Follow health and safety standards at all times, including safe operation of equipment and proper handling of chemicals
- Contribute to department goals and cross-functional support as required
- Find opportunities to positively interact with our campers and guests
- Contribute to a supportive and positive work environment by modelling inclusivity, dependability, and team cohesiveness
Does this sound like you?
- Ability to operate lawn care machinery in a safe and effective manner
- Self-motivated, flexible, and willing to work within a team environment
- Clear criminal background check and/or vulnerable sector search, if applicable
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract
- Reliable transportation to and from camp
- Physical stamina and mobility to reach, kneel and bend
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekends, as scheduled
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
Benefits of working with us
- Uniform and footwear allowance provided by the camp
- Shared accommodations available at most camp locations
- Coffee, tea, and meals provided while working
- Role specific training provided if needed
Please apply here: https://grnh.se/3354b7112us
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.