Seasonal Maintenance Worker
Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good—helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
This role will be based onsite at the Tim Horton Onondaga Farms, St-George, Ontario
– 1 contract from May 2023 to October 2023
– 1 contract from May 2023 to August 2023
What would you be doing?
- Safely operate power mowers, electric clippers, pruning saws, and other landscape maintenance equipment
- Perform duties towards maintaining a clean and properly landscaped camp environment
- Ensure health and safety standards are followed at all times, including safe operation of equipment and proper handling of chemicals
- Contribute to department goals and cross functional support as required
- Find opportunities to positively interact with our campers and guests
- Contribute to a supportive and positive work environment by modelling inclusivity, dependability, and team cohesiveness
Does this sound like you?
- At least 18 years old
- Ability to operate lawn care machinery in a safe and effective manner
- Self-motivated, flexible, and willing to work within a team environment
- Clear criminal background check and/or vulnerable sector search, if applicable
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract
- Reliable transportation to and from camp
- Physical stamina and mobility to reach, kneel and bend
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekends, as scheduled
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
Please apply here: https://grnh.se/1f65614e2us
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Tims Camps is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series. In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the Ontario Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.