Sparrow Lake Camp
The most fun you can have while making the biggest difference in the lives of kids!
Since 1912, Sparrow Lake Camp has been a not-for-profit traditional overnight summer camp located just north of Orillia on beautiful Sparrow Lake. Sparrow Lake is an inclusive community aimed at providing quality camp experiences for children and youth regardless of religion, gender, culture, ability, or economic status.
Title: Sailing Instructor
Location: Sparrow Lake, Severn, Ontario – Between Orillia & Gravenhurst, Ontario
Dates of Employment: June 25, 2022 – August 20, 2022 or September 5, 2022
Salary Competitive pay plus room & board commensurate with experience
- Must submit a Police Reference Check
- Hold Can Sail 3 Certification or equivalent experience.
- Must hold at least a Bronze Cross Certification or equivalent.
- Pleasure Craft Operators Card (Safe Boating Course Online) Required
- Familiar with the safe operation of general maintenance equipment and tools.
- Actively participate in a week-long training week prior to camp starting
Purpose: The purpose of the position of Sailing Instructor is to conduct recreational and instructional sailing sessions and to complete all additional resource staff duties in a manner consistent with the goals and aims of Sparrow Lake Camp.
Position Responsibilities: The health and safety of all staff and campers involved in sailing is a primary concern for all sailors.
In accordance with camp policies and procedures, the Sailing Instructor is responsible for:
- Assisting in the set-up, clean-up and maintenance of the sailing area and all sailing equipment.
- Following all sailing program procedures emergency procedures
- Conducting daily instructional and recreational sailing sessions
- Fulfills all general Resource Staff duties.
- Acts as a “cabin mascot”.
- Meets additional staff expectations, as assigned.