Camp Wanapitei is looking for an individual with lots of initiative and enthusiasm to head up our small and mighty sailing program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age as of June 22, 2022
- Experience working in a camp setting or with children and youth
- Must have current Bronze Cross certification or higher, NLS preferred
- First Aid and CPR qualifications
- Must have experience with sailing – we sail Laser Picos and Qubas
- Creativity and Initiative
- Strong leadership skills
- Police Reference Check
- Pleasure Craft Operator card and experience driving a motor boat is preferred.
- Create lesson plans for teaching sailing to different age groups
- Work with the Program Director to schedule sailing lessons for campers.
- Inspect sailing equipment daily – do minor repairs – report problems with equipment promptly
- Help in other areas of camp life when not teaching sailing.
- Keep records of sailing instruction
- Complete incident, emergency and/ or injury reports when necessary
- Complete a year-end report with information about the 2022 sailing program, instruction log, lessons plans and also suggestions for up-coming summers
Contract: June 22nd to August 29th (shorter contract may be available)
Interested applicants please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org