Job Title: Sailing Activity Specialist
Location: Camp Tanamakoon, Algonquin Park, Ontario, Canada
Overview: Camp Tanamakoon, nestled in the serene Algonquin Park on a private lake, is seeking a passionate and experienced Sailing Activity Specialist. The camp provides a unique opportunity for campers to learn and develop sailing skills in a beautiful natural setting. The Sailing Activity Specialist will be responsible for training and supervising a team of 8 sailing staff, ensuring the safety and enjoyment of campers with skill levels ranging from beginners to advanced.
- Staff Training and Supervision:
- Train and supervise a team of 8 sailing staff.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations to ensure staff competency and adherence to safety protocols.
- Provide guidance and mentorship for professional development.
- Program Implementation:
- Develop and implement sailing programs suitable for a diverse range of camper skill levels.
- Organize and oversee small races and regattas, fostering a spirit of friendly competition.
- Plan and execute rainy day teaching activities to ensure a comprehensive sailing experience.
- Equipment Management:
- Oversee the care and maintenance of sailing equipment, including small dinghies and lasers.
- Ensure all safety measures are in place for both on-water and off-water activities.
- Safety and Emergency Response:
- Implement and enforce safety protocols on and off the water.
- Provide first aid and emergency response as needed.
- Collaborate with the Head Supervisor to establish and maintain a safe camp environment.
- Training and Evaluation:
- Conduct regular training sessions for campers, focusing on sailing skills and water safety.
- Evaluate camper progress and adjust instructional strategies accordingly.
- Current National Lifeguard (NL) certification.
- Standard First Aid certification.
- Extensive sailing experience, preferably with recognition under programs like CANSail Development.
- Previous experience in teaching sailing to individuals with varying skill levels.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate will have a passion for sailing, a commitment to safety, and the ability to inspire and instruct campers of all skill levels. They should possess strong organizational skills, leadership qualities, and be able to create a positive and inclusive learning environment.
Camp Tanamakoon is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and references to Patti: email@example.com 905 483 2410