Ropes Course Staff
Sparrow Lake Camp
Adventure Zone (Ropes Course) Instructor
- Must be at least 17 years of age by the start of the camp season Current Level I Ropes Certification
Current Standard First Aid and Level C-CPR
Must submit a Police Reference Check
Purpose: The purpose of the position of the Adventure Zone Instructor is to help the Head Instructor in the operation of the Adventure Zone high and low ropes course program.
Position Responsibilities: In accordance with camp policies and procedures, the Adventure Zone Instructor is responsible for:
- Assisting the Head Adventure Zone Instructor in organizing the set-up, clean-up and maintenance of the high and low challenge course elements and equipment.
- Assisting the Head Adventure Zone Instructor in the training of the members of the staff in low and high ropes course program procedures, including emergency procedures. Facilitating experiential group development activities, low and high ropes course programs for campers and staff
- Daily equipment and program area inspections.
- Assisting with the safe operation of the Adventure Zone elements and meeting ACCT, and OCA standards at all times.
- Fulfills all general Resource Staff duties including attending regular staff meetings.
- Acts as a “cabin mascot”.
Accountability: The Adventure Zone Instructor is directly supported by the Head Adventure Zone Instructor