Resource Team Member
Canterbury Hills Camp
Position: Resource Team Member
Type of Position: Spring/Summer Contract, Full-Time
Start/Finish Date: May 2 – August 27, 2022 (with some hiring duties prior to May 2)
Context: Canterbury Hills Camp is located in the heart of the Dundas Valley Conservation Area. With over 60 years of camping history, Canterbury Hills has provided a place where forever memories are made. Children and youth have an opportunity to explore nature, creativity, and personal development through our unique program. Based on the philosophy of child-centered, unit based, and decentralization, campers at Canterbury Hills are able to tailor their own session with their unit, based on their needs and interests as they learn cooperation and leadership.
Following two summers of modified programs in response to the Covid-19 pandemic Canterbury Hills is looking forward to reintroducing overnight camp and adventure camp programs alongside our day camp program for summer 2022. The Resource Team works collaboratively with the Camp Director to oversee all aspects of the summer camp program. All team members balance team and individual responsibilities throughout the work term.
To review detailed information about the Resource Team roles and responsibilities please visit our website, a full description can be found under the “STAFF —> RESOURCE TEAM” heading
All Members of the Resource Team will:
- Have strong leadership, initiative, organizational, and administrative skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Be able to initiate, support, and encourage spiritual growth of campers and staff
- Be able to relate well to a variety of ages and demonstrate an ability to mediate, facilitate, and build unity among staff
- Enjoy working with children and possess relevant soft skills in youth interaction
- Exhibit commitment to serving campers and staff as per the mission and values
- Welcome all and celebrate diversity within Canterbury Hills Camp
- Have previous experience working in summer camp (preferred), or equivalent experience. Previous experience in a supervisory role considered an asset
- Submit a Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening prior to start of employment
- Obtain Standard First Aid & CPR C Certification prior to start of employment
- Be willing to live onsite from mid June – August 27, 2022
Additional Qualifications considered an asset:
- NL (National Lifeguard) certification
- Challenge Course Certification – ACCT Level 1 or 2
- Valid G class drivers license
- Ontario Food Handlers Certificate
Applications to be submitted at canterburyhills.campbrainoffice.com
Application deadline January 9th 2022
Select candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview
Canterbury Hills Camp is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity within our workplace and greater community. We work to develop a barrier-free selection process and inclusive work environment that is increasingly representative of the communities we live and work in, and where all team members are able to express ideas, opinions and experiences.
Canterbury Hills Camp is affiliated with the Diocese of Niagara, Anglican Church of Canada.