Location: YMCA Camp Elphinstone, 1760 YMCA Road, Gibsons, BC V0N 1V6
Rate of Pay: $129.53-$132.53/day
Position Status: Seasonal Contract, Full time
Term: June 17th – September 2nd, 2023
Reports To: Assistant Summer Camp Directors, Summer Camp Director
Nature & Scope
YMCA Camp Elphinstone is seeking individuals to fill the role of Resource Director.
The Resource Director supervises all aspects of transportation at Camp Elphinstone, including coordinating ferry/bus transportation and sign-in/out processes for first and last days of sessions, scheduling out-trip and day camp transportation, ensuring all vehicles and trailers are regularly checked by all drivers to ensure they are in proper working order, keeping logs and paperwork up to date, reporting deficiencies and protecting the assets of the YMCA through appropriate use.
The Resource Director will be required to drive for camp purposes on a regular basis and will supervise the Camp Driver. The Resource Director is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Tuck Shop. The Resource Director will also assist in administrative tasks, including creating camper lists, organizing and distributing lost and found items, and communicating with parents/guardians. This position requires a highly organized individual with special attention to detail.
The Resource Director is a member of the senior staff team at camp. The senior staff team will work directly with the Summer Camp Director and Assistant Summer Camp Directors as a leadership team to build a positive camp culture and ensure the safety and overall wellbeing of all camp participants.
· Provide direct supervision to the Camp Driver. Provide leadership and role modelling to all staff.
· Coordinate all aspects of transportation including ferry reservations, out-trip pick-up/drop-offs, camper luggage, the day camp bus route, and shuttles for international groups.
· Create the staff driving schedule and schedule all staff for first and last day of camp responsibilities.
· Ensure that all camp vehicles and trailers are in working order, logs and paperwork are up to date, and that all driving staff are aware of our transportation policies and procedures.
· Assist the Summer Camp Director and Assistant Summer Camp Directors with logistics, camper lists, and transportation/travel lists.
· Manages the daily operations of the Tuck Shop.
· Organizing and distributing Lost & Found items, ensuring timely communication with families if required.
· Ensure the safety of all members, participants, staff, and property by following YMCA standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all participants and staff.
· Standard First Aid, CPR-C
· Class 4 Driver’s License and experience driving with trailers
· Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening issued no later than six (6) months preceding start date
· 3 successful reference checks
Additional Qualifications (assets)
· Pleasure Craft Operator’s Card
· Occupational First Aid Level 3