Everyone is welcome
We want to work alongside great people who care deeply and align with our shared values. We welcome the unique contribution that you can make with your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. If you haven’t seen yourself appropriately represented in the technology and summer camp industries, we encourage you to apply – you are welcome here.
CampBrain is a 49-person company in downtown Toronto. We create web-based registration software for summer camps, schools, and conference centres. We have a well-earned reputation for great software backed by incredibly competent and dedicated customer service. We do business in a straightforward and honest style.
About this position
Our clients can’t run their programming without access to the right reports at the right time. We pride ourselves on the ability to provide custom report solutions to our clients, making a long-term impact on the way they work. Report developers are a specialized team within Operations, designing custom report solutions for the 1,300 organizations
who use CampBrain to run their business. You will be a “frontline” representative of our values; part of a supportive team with a strong reputation across the industry for providing caring, thoughtful, and high-quality support.
This is a full-time contract position through July 2022. At that point, this could lead to a permanent position starting in August 2022. You will report to the Reporting Manager, working alongside 2-4 other Report Developers, depending on the season.
The reports you create will let the people who run camps, conference centres, and schools make data-informed decisions and serve their communities with ease. Your reports will free up their time, so they can spend more of it building relationships.
What will your responsibilities be?
• Primary task is creating custom reports in Jaspersoft Studio
• Investigating and troubleshooting issues with existing reports and client configuration
• Providing reporting support via phone and email to registrars, directors, and administrators using CampBrain
across North America
• Giving configuration advice that improves reporting effectiveness, working directly with end users and other
What do you bring to the table?
• Excellent customer service skills (it is the cornerstone of the company); you love helping people
• Strong in T-SQL (or similar)
• Good problem-solving abilities
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Ability to complement technical skills with great customer service skills
• It would be nice if you have experience with:
• BI tools: Jaspersoft, Tableau, Power BI or similar.
What’s in it for you?
• An opportunity to build valuable career experience and skills while making a meaningful impact on the camp
industry. Your work will be valued, it will be important and it will matter.
• An environment to grow and evolve your technical, customer service, communication, and leadership skills.
• A supportive culture filled with people who want to help you be successful.
• Many contract positions have become fulltime roles
Why you should work here
A strong set of values guides our decision making at every level. During your interview, push us to provide examples of our values in action.
DEMONSTRATE CARE: With empathy and kindness, we demonstrate deep care for each other, our community, and the work we do.
BRING JOY: We show up with positivity, laughter, and delight.
LEARN CONTINUOUSLY: With humility and curiosity, we embrace learning and improving.
COMMUNICATE AUTHENTICALLY: With candor and respect, we communicate openly.
THINK LONG-TERM: We focus on long-term, sustainable value.
We’re profitable and established. CampBrain is not a start-up. Founded in 1994, we are a stable, profitable, privately held company. We have a proven track-record, a viable product, and loyal paying customers. Your work will be valued, it will be important, and it will matter.
You’ll be working with and helping 1300+ camps across North America to run their camps successfully.
You’ll work with a talented team.
We are smart, funny, empathetic, kind, and we care about the quality of our product and service.
We have interesting challenges and there is a lot to learn.
One million campers will register through our system this year resulting in almost a billion dollars of e-commerce. Operating at this scale raises unique issues for us and our clients, and demands highquality support and problem solving.
The office is cool. Should you choose to work in the office, we have 8,000 square feet in an old brick-and-beam building that used to be the Heintzman Piano Factory. The space is open and bright with lots of natural light.
Company culture and events.
We are a close-knit team building a product and company we love. The people we work with and our office culture are incredibly important to us and we work hard at it.
• Family weekends at camp
• Axe throwing, brewery tours, archery dodgeball & baseball
• Potluck lunches, cookie exchanges
• Bowling Night and Poker Night
• Canoe Heads for Kids: Raising money to get more kids to
• Cooking classes
Check us out on Instagram for more.
Interested? Good… we need you.
IMPORTANT: Include a cover letter! Use it to set yourself apart and make yourself stand out. Tell us about an achievement you are most proud of – include your résumé and send it to Goran Orec (he/him) at email@example.com.
If assistance or an accommodation would be helpful in your application, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our Work With Us page to see what it’s like to work here and understand what we’re about.