Rainbow Camp® Director (Northern Ontario)
Job Title: Rainbow Camp® Director
Welcome Friend Association is looking to hire a full-time Summer Camp Director to lead and run our flagship program Rainbow Camp®.
Rainbow Camp® is one of the longest-running camps for young people who are 2 spirited, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer questioning (2SLGBTQ+) and allied youth.
- Believe 2SLGBTQ+ youth are massively underserved and that what we do will have an
exponential impact on the world
- Do this by creating a safe environment that allows our campers to be their best and most authentic selves.
- Focus on positive programming that helps build the tools and confidence to accelerate this
To plan, coordinate, and oversee the overall camp program, ensuring the safety, care, and supervision of campers and staff. Our Camp Director is ultimately responsible for ensuring every camper is able to experience the complete magic of Rainbow Camp®.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, and implement the camp curriculum and activities.
- Hire, train, and supervise camp staff.
- Oversee the daily operations of the camp, including meals, transportation, and recreation.
- Communicate with parents, guardians, and other camp staff.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of campers and staff.
- Maintain a clean and safe camp environment.
- Administer the camp budget.
- Manage camp finances and records.
- Represent the camp to the public.
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation, education, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience working in a camp setting.
- Strong 2SLGBTQ+ leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- CPR and first aid certification.
- Master’s degree in recreation, education, or a related field.
- Experience in a variety of camp activities, such as sports, arts, and crafts.
- Experience in working with 2SLGBTQ+ youth.
- Experience in fundraising and marketing.
- The work environment is a fast-paced and outdoor setting.
- The camp director will be required to work long hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Compensation is dependent on experience, qualifications and hours worked. The expected salary range is $50,000 – $60,000. The position includes room and board (June 1-August 31), and travel expenses. The Camp Director reports directly to the Executive Director.
- A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities of this position may be considered in lieu of stated education and experience requirements.
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter please include a paragraph on what excites you about working for Rainbow Camp®. Email our leadership team at email@example.com
A complete job description is available upon request.