Property Assistant, CNIB Lake Joe
Contract (Summer), MacTier ON
Laughter, fun, empowering activities – essential ingredients for the perfect camp experience. Do you want to be part of the fantastic team that helps make it all possible?
For more than 50 years, CNIB Lake Joe has been providing an exciting, safe, and accessible camp experience for people living with sight loss. CNIB Lake Joe is looking for a Property Assistant to help us bring the magic of summer camp to life for people living with sight loss!
Reporting to the Facility Operator, the Property Assistant will assist with the property needs of CNIB Lake Joseph Centre. As a member of the facility team, responsibilities for the position include, landscaping, property and equipment maintenance, building maintenance and cleaning, and assisting with property projects as required.
As a requirement of the position, candidates must have their own CSA approved safety shoes/boots.
What you’ll do
- Assist with all maintenance of CNIB Lake Joe’s building and grounds (i.e., landscaping and ground maintenance, etc.)
- Pick up and deliver supplies and equipment for camp in an organized and cost-effective manner
- Conduct and document weekly inspections to all buildings and grounds and report findings to supervisor
- Maintain the general cleanliness of the grounds
- Mow and rake grass and ensure that gardens are maintained
- Empty garbage containers from all grounds and buildings
- Be positive and helpful to all guests and staff members
- Assist with specialty functions on site
- Assist with general maintenance of all site vehicles, including vans, boats and grounds equipment
- Other duties as assigned
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Strong interpersonal skills including patience, empathy and communication
- Knowledge of cleaning products, site equipment and general building maintenance
- Must provide current Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Must provide current Drivers Abstract
- WHMIS Training an asset
- Ability to Lift Heavy Objects (up to 50 lbs.)
- Hold a Standard First Aid and CPR-C Certification
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work in a changing and busy environment
Why work at Lake Joe?
We want you to learn, grow, and succeed professionally. As part of the Lake Joe team, you’ll explore your strengths and build a skill set that will last you a lifetime. Communication, leadership, integrity, inclusiveness, collaboration, curiosity – you’ll strengthen values, skills, and a professional network that will set you up for success and look fantastic on a resume!
You’ll make a difference. Every single day. At CNIB Lake Joe, you’ll be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates a unique blend of recreation, skills training, innovation, and personal discovery. Working and learning with an amazing team of staff and volunteers, you’ll create life-changing experiences for campers living with sight loss.
Work and play at beautiful Lake Joe. Two hours north of Toronto, CNIB Lake Joe stretches across 12.5 acres of stunning waterfront property on the northwest corner of Lake Joseph