Camp Quality Employment Opportunity
Program Specialist – Camp Quality Northwestern Ontario
Start Date: June 6, 2022
End Date: July 29, 2022
Rate: $ 15/hr
Seasonal full-time position
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Work schedule may include weekdays and weekends/holidays as needed to support camp programs, events and other camp activities.
This position is made possible by funding from Canada Summer Jobs. To meet the funding criteria, the successful applicant must be between the ages of 18 to 29 year old. Applicant must be available to attend camp program July 16-July 23, 2022.
Successful applicants will be required to adhere to the Camp Quality Canada COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Nature & Scope
Camp Quality Northwestern Ontario is a non-profit organization that serves children and families affected by childhood cancer. We facilitate a 1-week Overnight Summer Camp Program, hosted at Wilderness Discovery Centre just outside of Thunder Bay, Ontario. Camp Quality Northwestern Ontario offers a wide range of programming for different needs and age groups; like swimming, arts & crafts, scavenger hunts, team-building, sports, campfire and more! The Program Specialist will support Camp Quality Northwestern Ontario, by helping to develop, organize and facilitate a variety of activities for children aged 7 to 17 for our summer camp week. In addition, the Program Specialist will be responsible for procuring supplies or equipment required for programming activities or obtaining donations from ongoing supporters of Camp Quality Northwestern Ontario. This person reports directly to the Camp Director.
- Minimum two years experience working in youth programming or camp setting
- Previous experience developing and delivering youth programs
- Previous experience with special needs populations preferred
- Energy, enthusiasm and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple work tasks
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate ideas verbally and written
- Role model for children and youth
- Ability to lead and work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- A clear and current criminal record check – vulnerable sector screening issued for Camp Quality Canada. (CRC-VSS)
- Access to reliable transportation or a valid driver’s license
- Assist with planning and leading safe and intentional camp programming for children and youth affected by cancer.
- Procure activity supplies for programs.
- Responsible for the safety, behaviour management and supervision of all children participating in programs.
- Assist in the recruitment, coordination and training of volunteers participating in programs.
- Design and schedule social media posts highlighting camp activities and programs.
- Demonstrate positive interaction with youth, parents, and community partners involved with the program in order to build relationships.
- Assist in the coordination of, and participation in special events.
- Assist in-person camp programs
- Understand, participate in and adhere to the Camp Quality Canada policies, procedures and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Applicants are asked to submit a copy of their most recent resume, listing qualifications and experience. Please reference the location and job title in your subject line.
We’re an equal opportunity organization
Inclusion is at the heart of what we do at camp. Camp Quality works to create inclusive spaces and programs for campers, volunteers and staff – free of discriminated based on age, race, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Camp Quality Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking parts in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information about Camp Quality Canada, please visit www.campquality.org