Contract Dates: May 26 – September 2, 2022
Location: Camp Huronda, Huntsville, ON
About the Role:
The Program Head is responsible for all aspects of camp-wide programming and special event programming. This includes, but is not limited to, the planning and implementation of special events and evening programming, creating and posting all weekly and bi-weekly camp schedules, ensuring that all programs are meeting risk management standards and delivering an experiential, camper-focused experience. In conjunction with the Leadership Team the program head will be responsible for the general management of Camp Huronda. They will work closely with the Out-Trip, Waterfront and Land Instructor Heads to coordinate all camp programming. The Program Head is responsible for working closely with the Program Assistant to develop engaging and innovative camp wide programming. Additionally, the Program Head will work with the Camp Director and Medical Team to assess activity level for necessary programming.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Huronda camp-wide and special event programming
- Planning a rotational program schedule (to include a camp-wide program every night; special event programming like Concordia Day).
- Create and follow-up on program sign-ups by counsellors and skills counsellors.
- Organize program meetings for staff signed up for specific programs.
- Liaise and communicate with program staff about items required for programs (i.e. costumes, team lists, etc).
- Organize and coordinate general camp scheduling (including cabin rotation schedules, skill groups, etc).
- Support and supervise the program staff (Program Floaters, Program Assistant).
- Assist in the development and when necessary, in the execution of the Camp Huronda special event, amp-wide programming.
- Maintain all program equipment and supplies, ordering new equipment when necessary and approved.
- Ensure all programs meet risk management standards.
- Ensure programs are inclusive and accessible for all participants
- Ensure staff are trained and informed effectively in risk management protocols.
- Ensure all programs deliver safe, fun, and camper-focused experiences.
- Perform Manager on Duty (MOD) tasks when necessary (i.e. announcements, daily staff meetings, prepare and supervise snack time, etc).
- Attend daily Senior Staff meetings.
- Support Senior Staff team in the daily operation of camp.
- Provide leadership to camp, both participants and staff.
- 3+ years camp experience preferred
- A Current Criminal Reference Check
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- G Class license an asset
- Bronze Cross (minimum); NLS an asset; instructor certification an asset
- CUI certification an asset
- Preference given to those who have studied in a child development related field.
- Previous supervisory experience an asset
About the Application Process
- Apply online HERE
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- Diabetes Canada welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. We value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.
- We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted